Slippery floors on the Breeze?

eng4

I've been on the Breeze 4 times and haven't come close to taking a tumble yet. And I've been intoxicated quite a few times walking thru lido marketplace.

People that fall and complain about the floors are....well I can't say the word here. :eek:

They're tiled floors! When they get wet, they get slippery. Use some common sense people! Although, common sense isn't too common anymore.

I've been on the Breeze 4 times and haven't come close to taking a tumble yet. And I've been intoxicated quite a few times walking thru lido marketplace.

People that fall and complain about the floors are....well I can't say the word here. :eek:

They're tiled floors! When they get wet, they get slippery. Use some common sense people! Although, common sense isn't too common anymore.

Very well said !

For me, it was the Lido Marketplace floor that was slippery as ice but it depended upon which shoes I had on. I have several pairs of Crocs sandals (and none of them look like what you are imagining) but they all have different soles.

There is one pair that I finally had to leave in the cabin and not wear at all. The soles on that particular pair is caustic when paired with the tile floor in the Lido Marketplace. They were fine out on the decking by the pool or anywhere else on the ship but in the buffet area or the hall area (basically anywhere with TILE) they became like skis.

Initially I thought it was just a Breeze issue, but I was able to replicate the issue on the Dream last year as well. Same shoes, same issue in the Lido Buffet area. I came to the conclusion that it is a TILE issue with some but not all shoe soles.

Slippery floors are not exclusive to ships. What about grocery stores, department stores and at home??

Anyplace that is not carpeted.

Wear decent shoes and you shouldn't have a problem.

If you ever see anyone fall, just check out their feet and you will know why they fell.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Wow, what a conclusion you jumped to. I've had sandals, tennis shoes, and others (not bought at Walmart) and I found the tile to be really slippery.

Wow, what a conclusion you jumped to. I've had sandals, tennis shoes, and others (not bought at Walmart) and I found the tile to be really slippery.

Wearing sneakers that have a lot of tread left found many slippery areas two weeks ago on Glory.

Wish the floors would have a rougher surface for better traction as they do get wet and greasy.

The tile they used on several of their ships, mostly the newer ones, is extremely slippery depending on the shoes you are wearing. This is not an issue of cheap shoes or drunken people though those things may contribute to the issue. I can understand why some folks are saying it is not an issue because they have not experienced it, however, to say it is not an issue just because you haven't and to tell people it is not true is incorrect. I understand tile is slick when wet, however, I wear the same shoes to the grocery store, malls and many other places with no issues, you can actually "skate" with the right shoes on the tile they used. And for the carnival cheer section, I am not saying they used cheap tile, just the wrong tile for the situation.

I think people need to realize that several thousand feet carrying in excess water from the Lido deck and transporting it to the buffet endless times will result in excess water which tile is expected to express not absorb for better cleaning. Rough textured non-slippery tile has a porous overlay that will capture dirt and germs and eventually grease making the life of the tile miniscule in comparison to smooth surfaced tile. Anything in the buffet that is absorbant, therefore non-slippery, also acts like a wick for dirt and grime and grease.

Many types of sneakers (tennis for one) have soles that are made to slide...not the best on slippery surfaces. Smooth leather soles and heels with hard plastic tips as well as hard leather heels on men's dress shoes are like wearing a pair of ice skates on any non-porous surface.

Don't want to slip...invest in a pair of shoes with gripping soles like hiking sandals or running sneakers or spend 10 bucks and buy some non-slip grips that attach to the bottom of soles to help their gripping power.

The tile they used on several of their ships, mostly the newer ones, is extremely slippery depending on the shoes you are wearing. This is not an issue of cheap shoes or drunken people though those things may contribute to the issue. I can understand why some folks are saying it is not an issue because they have not experienced it, however, to say it is not an issue just because you haven't and to tell people it is not true is incorrect. I understand tile is slick when wet, however, I wear the same shoes to the grocery store, malls and many other places with no issues, you can actually "skate" with the right shoes on the tile they used. And for the carnival cheer section, I am not saying they used cheap tile, just the wrong tile for the situation.

YES! The wrong tile!

It is not people or shoes but the tile itself.

Not all tile needs to be glass smooth. I live in Florida, where tile often prevails in homes. Our house is now 100% tile, along with some large area rugs and runners for decorative effect.

The last room we did was the MBR, where we removed the carpet and put down tile whose texture is best described as "fine sandpaper". Walk on it barefoot; no issue. None of the tile in the house is silky smooth and have some form of texture. All very attractive.

Now, my mother's condo has glass smooth tile, and when visiting there on a rainy day, and even after wiping my shoes, I have several times almost taken a spill on it.

Apparently, Carnival chose the wrong tile, and I will stand by my opinion.

I've sailed 3x on the breeze. I almost exclusively wear Chaco flip flops because they have a textured bottom. I've never fallen on the breeze but I have come close. It can be very slippery in the lido buffet even with good shoes and a careful person. So just be aware of where you're walking and alert and you should be able to catch yourself if you start to slip. I believe the floors are a huge liability for carnival. There is no question they know they are unsafe and they have failed to remedy the situation. At some point a law suit is sure to come along.

I remember reading the floors are really slippery somewhere on the Breeze.

Anyone know what area it is?

Hi eng4 :)

My wife & I were recently aboard the Breeze for a 14-day voyage.

In that time I noticed the tile floor in the Lido Marketplace Buffet to be more slippery for approximately 50 to 75 feet once entering the area, either from the mid ship entrance and at the aft ship entrance.

Humidity & condensation from the air conditioning 50 to 75 feet near the two entrances were prominent concerning slippery conditions, at anytime during the day or night. Of course anyone with wet feet or shoes increased this.

I noticed the further we traveled from either entrance, the slippery conditions decreased. We (did not) experience slick tile directly at the two food areas of the Lido Marketplace during our 14-day sailing.

In regards to myself personally, I had some slippery issues when wearing my hiking sneakers. I had no issues at all when wearing my slip & oil resistant sandals. Also had no issues at all with one of my dress shoes, but slipped & skated in another pair. My wife only had slippery issues when wearing her sandals. She was fine when wearing her sneakers or flip-flops. Whenever in her heels, she didn't risk it & removed them until we were further away from an entrance.

For us, we noticed that it really depended on what type of soles were on our footwear. And as I stated previously, we only experienced slick tile from humidity & condensation from the air conditioning for approximately a 50 to 75 foot distance from either entrance to the Lido Marketplace Buffet, mid ship entrance & aft entrance.

During peak pool hours & high traffic times when the entrance doors are opening & closing extremely often, slippery issues increased by at least another 20 feet or so in distance, but no slip issues at all directly around the two food locations of the buffet. The further we got from an entrance, the more traction we experienced...

Have a terrific day!

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

Don't want to slip...invest in a pair of shoes with gripping soles like hiking sandals or running sneakers or spend 10 bucks and buy some non-slip grips that attach to the bottom of soles to help their gripping power.

My brand new nike running shoes slipped and slided quite a bit. I do believe they could and should find better tiles for the application.