Pride of america food

Kalaki

Sailing on Pride of America December 26th. Can you please share how the food was. I'm interested in the dining room, buffet and specialty restaurants.

Is lobster ever served in the dining room?

Thanks

I don't think we ate in the MDRs at all on our cruise. Most of our meals were in the buffet. So tired from touring all day, we just wanted no fuss. We thought it was fine. For breakfast, avoid the crowds and go out to the Aloha Lanai next to Moderno for an open air meal. They set up a breakfast buffet inside Moderno complete with cook to order stations. This area is also good in the evenings for sail always. Nice couches, soft lighting, a bar and sometimes some live music with the sun setting over your favorite island in the background.

We ate at Cagneys, Moderno and Le Bistro. All good. Plan on a specialty dinner for the night you leave Kona. They bring on board fresh Kona Lobster and you can get it for an up charge of I think around $10 in Le Bistro. Not sure if it is offered in any of the others.

We too used the buffet mostly, but did experience the complimentary Skyline Restaurant, and Cadillac Diner along with the buffet. All were adequate and somewhat tasty. I never had a bad meal on POA, but they also weren't 4 star offerings either. Also service was good to very good.

Unfortunately we found the Cadillac diner a little too late in our cruise. This is open 24x7 but has basic snacks/meals such as mozzarella sticks and potato skins for appetizer, burger, chicken sandwiches, chicken fingers etc; but then they also have a small but great selection for desserts and the wait staff were great, every time someone passed by they asked how you were doing.

Strangely the buffet did not offer any mashed or baked potatoes each night, which we thought odd; but as far as food choices a nice variety and selection.

The menu's are the same on all NCL ships with the exception of the pig roast they will serve on the first night in Kuaui.

One of the great things about POA is the garden cafe aft ship.

Where is the Garden Cafe on POA? I looked at the NCL deck plans and couldn't locate it.

We liked Cagneys steakhouse and the buffet. The Cadillac diner was horrible. We are in the MDR once- it was good but we were tired from touring all day and would have preferred a quicker meal. Loved the Teppanyaki show. Modern was good too. Enjoy your trip!

Where is the Garden Cafe on POA? I looked at the NCL deck plans and couldn't locate it.

Yes, as another poster mentioned, deck 11 nearly all the way aft. The outside eating area for the buffet, the Aloha Lanai is all the way aft. The exit out onto the Lanai is just beyond the door into Moderno. This is the area I mentioned in my post above. You can either get your food in the main buffet area and walk out there, or go to the smaller one set up inside Moderno. Probably set up at lunch time as well, I don't know, we were always off the ship.