Seeking Real Experience. Royal Fam suite. vs Aqua thtr Oasis

HI,

I am looking for responses from people that Have actually stayed in both. Or at least had the same decision as I am facing. I know many people like to share their opinions, but I am looking for the opinions of people that have made this same decision.

I have an upcoming oasis sailing in which 3 of us are booked in a 2 bdrm royal family suite ... I know have the opportunity to book the aqua theatre suite for not a substantial amount more money.

1. The royal fam is mid ship and much more accessible to the elevator the the aqua theater

2. I am worried about the soot problems on the aqua balconies that I know are still being worked on ( as they were doing work on my last oasis sailing on that very problem just a few weeks ago)

Has anyone stayed in both? Thoughts?

We stayed in the 2 bedroom Aqua Theater Suite on the Allure last January. I did not like the room at all. The bedrooms were nice sizes but the living room area was small for such a large suite and the ceilings were slanted so it made it seem even smaller. The balcony while huge was always dirty. Not just a little dirty but really filthy. We had to always wear shoes out there and then wipe them off before coming in because the bottoms would be black with soot and we never could just go out and sit down. We always had to clean off everything or bring a towel with us to sit down on. I didn't want to eat any meals out there because it was too dirty. For the amount of money we spent, I would definitely pick a different suite.

We stayed in the 2 bedroom Aqua Theater Suite on the Allure last January. I did not like the room at all. The bedrooms were nice sizes but the living room area was small for such a large suite and the ceilings were slanted so it made it seem even smaller. The balcony while huge was always dirty. Not just a little dirty but really filthy. We had to always wear shoes out there and then wipe them off before coming in because the bottoms would be black with soot and we never could just go out and sit down. We always had to clean off everything or bring a towel with us to sit down on. I didn't want to eat any meals out there because it was too dirty. For the amount of money we spent, I would definitely pick a different suite.

Thanks Karen,

That's my biggest fear (since the only real difference between the two is the balcony) If it's really that unusable... why deal with the extra walk down the hall and the potential noise from the boardwalk. I am open if others have different experience. ( I have been struggling a little with this decision) but I am leaning towards staying where I am. Or if the deal is good enough, get two side x side crown loft suites.

Thanks Karen,

That's my biggest fear (since the only real difference between the two is the balcony) If it's really that unusable... why deal with the extra walk down the hall and the potential noise from the boardwalk. I am open if others have different experience. ( I have been struggling a little with this decision) but I am leaning towards staying where I am. Or if the deal is good enough, get two side x side crown loft suites.

It's not always good to be the biggest ship on the ocean. :o

ry%3D480

Gotcha, are you doing western. I think the pic I posted was Cozumel.

Yes,

this time I am doing a western. Love that picture.

your right, sometimes being the biggest is not the best. LOL

that would definitely be a site if I walked out on my crown loft balc to find a smokestack in my face.....

event the best laid plans, cant prepare you for that. :)

Yes,

this time I am doing a western. Love that picture.

your right, sometimes being the biggest is not the best. LOL

that would definitely be a site if I walked out on my crown loft balc to find a smokestack in my face.....

event the best laid plans, cant prepare you for that. :)

You could definately see the smoke going sideways. I'm surprised no one has ever mentioned it. At least not that I recall

I have stayed in Aqua Theater Suites on both the Oasis and Allure. Loved, loved, loved the balcony. No soot. No dirt. You could be part of the "scene" in the main area or find a quiet place near the bedroom. The panoramic view is amazing.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm considering booking an aqua theater suite but am getting kind of wigged out on the soot posts/problems. I noticed pricing is quite different for these suites that are on the lower floors. It appears the decks are bigger on those lower floors, is the soot not as much of an issue on those floors? Anybody know what floor that smoke stack bellows out onto in the pic above? I would be horrified if I got to my room and saw that out my window! :eek:

Thanks in advance!

I'm considering booking an aqua theater suite but am getting kind of wigged out on the soot posts/problems. I noticed pricing is quite different for these suites that are on the lower floors. It appears the decks are bigger on those lower floors, is the soot not as much of an issue on those floors? Anybody know what floor that smoke stack bellows out onto in the pic above? I would be horrified if I got to my room and saw that out my window! :eek:

Thanks in advance!

In the picture above, the smokestack is that of a carnival ship docked next to the RCCL ship. It is not part of the RCCl ship..

as to the soot. I can only report that on the oasis in september, the seats in the aqua show were covered in soot. the people behind me were complaining about it. How that correlates to the lower floor aqt suites I am not sure. I opted for the royal fam suite.