Studio cabins on Radiance

rkmw

i haven't stayed in them, but I have been in them just to see what they look like between back to back sailings.

They are smaller than most rooms (remind me of the Majesty/Monarch sized interior rooms). There are only a few of them on deck 4 - no other place on the ship. They do seem to be in a noisy location (granted I never slept in them) but they are right under the upper access to dining, near the stairs, etc.

However, sometimes they do have a nice price so I may try one sometime.

Also, if it is important to you, they don't give the extra crown and anchor point for singles staying in those rooms.

Edited by Firefighterhoop

My friend and her partner stayed in the rooms adjacent to the studio rooms. They loved the location and had no issue with noise at all. They have requested the same location again for their upcoming radiance cruise.

They did have a quick peak into the studio rooms and thought they were quite small compared to normal cabins.

My friend and her partner stayed in the rooms adjacent to the studio rooms. They loved the location and had no issue with noise at all. They have requested the same location again for their upcoming radiance cruise.

They did have a quick peak into the studio rooms and thought they were quite small compared to normal cabins.

i put a hold on a cabin early today and its $1000 cheaper than a 2 berth cabin so its only some where to sleep and shower

I'm curious if the balcony discount is available on ships with single occupancy balconies?

Radiance doesn't offer an SO balcony but they're on Anthem and Ovation.

Odd that they call it "ocean view with balcony" -- probably to prevent the balcony discount.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/cabinType/home.do?cabincls=B&cabinType=UB

I'm hopping from gold status (today) to diamond status by summer 2016, so finding a balcony deal for my mostly solo trips would be nice.

Edited by dada2199cc

I'm curious if the balcony discount is available on ships with single occupancy balconies?

Radiance doesn't offer an SO balcony but they're on Anthem and Ovation.

Odd that they call it "ocean view with balcony" -- probably to prevent the balcony discount.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/cabinType/home.do?cabincls=B&cabinType=UB

I'm hopping from gold status (today) to diamond status by summer 2016, so finding a balcony deal for my mostly solo trips would be nice.

Yes,you get the balcony discount,but not the extra point.

Pretty sure they add ocean view in the description since some balcony cabins don't look out to the ocean. Some are central park or boardwalk view.

Edited by DaytonCruiser

Good to know, DaytonCruiser -- thanks!

I'm more tier point focused now only because I'm a "new" cruiser to RCCL. Once I hit diamond in the next 8 months I'll be happy with just finding the better prices.

It'll be a loooooong time before I hit 340 points to get that 150% supplement deal. Probably 7 years, ha.

The balcony discount is granted on the SB cabins on Anthem and Ovation. The Quantum category was changed to SD and sells as a small double cabin.

When I booked Quantum I received a 200% full balcony discount. On Anthem I have been granted 150%.

The balcony discount for balcony and suite category bookings are now pro-rated and I have had them applied from 150% of full discount to the full discount being applied. Discounting is now automated and the amount granted is specified in the booking process.

All discounts are bundled though and sometimes the C&A 'special' discount is greater than the standard balcony discount. They can not be combined and the passenger is granted the greater discount.

I've seen the studio interior cabins on the Radiance class ships. They are quite small, but laid out nicely and would be fine for one person, especially when not having to pay the single supplement. I've also had regular interior cabins near the studios and never had an issue with noise from above, just a little from the Centrum but nothing to be a deal breaker.