Leaving Saturday

mouse84

Hi all! We leave Saturday for our trip from Zurich to Amsterdam with AMA Waterways (we're doing the 3 days before on land along with the cruise).

I've been checking the weather & while I know the 10 day forecast can change, it's looking like there could be a fair amount of rain on the trip and we'd like to be as prepared. (Note: definitely not complaining about the potential of rain!)

Any tips/advice on river cruising in the fall with rain? I'm starting to think about my packing list, so if you have any advice on items that were especially helpful on a trip that it rained a majority of the time, please list them.

Edited by mouse84

AMA provides umbrellas in your cabin and at the exit ramp, but they are the large golf-umbrella type. We prefer to bring our own collapsible umbrellas which are much more manageable (especially when collapsed). But the big ones are great for taking pictures -- if your partner cooperates and holds the umbrella over you ;)

I've read here from other members here that a raincoat and rain hat work best getting thru the crowds. That's what I'll be packing in addition to an umbrella and a million other things I'll probably take "just in case", lol. However, I've read quite a few reviews from folks who's luggage got lost so maybe not:D

Have a wonderful trip!!!