Wife can't go

ShdwKnght

My wife is in the US Army. After waiting over a month, she found out today that her leave for our upcoming cruise next month is not approved. It's way too late to cancel, so my son and I are still going. We paid for 3, with my wife and I being listed as passengers 1 & 2 and my son as 3. So even if we tried to cancel her, I am sure they would try to make my son and I pay more for the double rate, so we would end up losing money. So I guess it would just be better if she is a no-show.

My question is, the special rate we got includes $40/p/d OBC for the first 2 passengers in the room. Would her not showing up affect that, or is it just for the 2 people in the room?

I had a cruise booked for three, and the week of my sailing, both my spouse and my kid had to how out leaving me to go alone.

I called Carnival. They refunded the third fare, and told me that they would do a name swap for a fee if I could get someone else to go.

Not to make light of a difficult job- BUT- this is a whole different story- they did NOT have any approval to begin with.

Actually getting "approval" does not really mean "approved" in the military. Read the post and it states that a situation changed. So with that being said, even if they had approval, it would have been revoked. Approval is only a term in the military until it is impossible to change the event, for example, 7am on the morning of the cruise, they can be recalled but when the ship pulls away, than it becomes "approved".

So long story short, "approval" is another word for maybe.

As far as changing rooms, he did not mention that. But since I paid extra to choose my room, they would not give me a lower room would they?

They would not downgrade you, for sure. But they could move you to a 2-person room in the same category or higher category. A higher category doesn't necessarily mean a better room. You may prefer the location of your current room to the one you would be moved to. And when it gets this close to sailing, it's very possible that the better rooms within categories have all been taken. But this is all based on if they would move you. They may not. Some people get moved, many don't. I had 2 people in a 4-person room, but it was a low demand sailing (early November), and we didn't get moved.

YEAH!!! We were all hoping she would be able to go!!! I'm so happy for you both! Have a great cruise to one of our heroes, your wife! :D Ps...you have fun also. (I'm just messing with ya, lol) :D

Edited by INCHARGE