Excursion credit

Jenjer

When we booked we got $75 per port to use on shore excursions. My question is Do they add together 3 ports = $225 to use all on one shore excursion. Or do we have to use them in each port. Being a family of 4 $75.00 does not pay for much.

Yes that's my understanding too but I was hoping that it was stackable.

Since St Thomas we go to Megans bay rent chairs and paddle board. We go early then head back to ship when the place gets busy. Way cheaper and we get there earlier by ourselves.

Nassau we go to Mela and get day passes. Not a excursion option.

Tortola looking as a snorkeling trip if the credit stacked we would book thru NCL if not $75 is not worth being more crowded and paying more.

Guess its a throw away promo.

I thought about rebooking since the price of our suite has not changed but we got UDP and now its the SDP. We didn't have to pay gratuities on the promos. Even throwing away the shore excursion credit we still got a deal I am happy with.

The credit is per port.

Each port day, ShoreEx looks at the excursions you completed and paid for. They will then apply a credit up to $75. So,,,, if you book a couple of snorkel sets at GSC for $18 each, totaling $36, they will credit you $36 for that day. Even if you spend $200 the next day, you only get the $75 for that day (and not the unused portion from the prior day).

We have left credit on the table before using this promotion.

I am guessing you can't prebook prior to your cruise either. If it's a credit per port I would have to wait to make reservations on the ship?

You can pre-book, but you should call. If you try booking online it will charge the full excursion amount to a credit card, then they will credit back the $75 (or $50) later. If you call the excursion/dinner reservation line listed at the bottom of the myncl webpage they will book it w/o charging you first.

You can pre-book using excursion credit by calling 1-866-625-1167. Not possible on the website. I guess if for some reason you buy your excursions on-line and pay by credit card, they will probably work things out with you onboard, but it could be a hassle.

Oops, sorry: what Boschmann said :o

Edited by hawkeyetlse

You can pre-book using excursion credit by calling 1-866-625-1167. Not possible on the website.... :o

Hi, so if I call that number from the UK I can pre-book without paying in advance? That would be much more convenient.

Also is the credit of $75 only for four ports?

I don't know first hand, but if you go over $75 in one port (not difficult to do…), they will probably ask you to pay the difference with a credit card. Maybe you can wait and pay the balance on board, best to ask them.

The number of ports depends on the terms under which you booked. I think when it was $75 per stateroom per port, it was good for up to 7 ports. :) The current promo is much, much less generous. :( I imagine that the agent on the phone will be able to look up exactly what you are entitled to.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

So,,,, I have never been able to prebook a shoreex and pay onboard. On a recent cruise, we had accumulated $600 in OBC due to multiple changes in itinerary. We tried multiple times to book shoreex in advance and pay (with OBC) on board. The response was always the same,,,, book now pay now. That was a data point from about 3 weeks ago.

It may work different with the shoreex credit. But I could not get anyone to agree to book now pay onboard. To rub salt in the wound, the shoreex till free number warned that the excursions were "selling out" and to be safe we should book now.

So,,,, I have never been able to prebook a shoreex and pay onboard. On a recent cruise, we had accumulated $600 in OBC due to multiple changes in itinerary. We tried multiple times to book shoreex in advance and pay (with OBC) on board. The response was always the same,,,, book now pay now. That was a data point from about 3 weeks ago.

It may work different with the shoreex credit. But I could not get anyone to agree to book now pay onboard. To rub salt in the wound, the shoreex till free number warned that the excursions were "selling out" and to be safe we should book now.

I had the $75 per port and some OBC that was enough to cover the difference. Booked by calling dinner/excursion line yesterday with no problem. Could it be a US vs EU thing? Sometimes OBC can have limitations.

Perhaps they would want a credit card if I owed a balance. Lady I talked to said I had to call to get it done that way, online I'd have to pay first.

Edited by Boschmann

We just got off the Gem today and had the $75 credit for each of the 4 ports on the itinerary but only booked shore excursions for 3. The excursions at 2 of the ports were more than the credit so we just paid the difference. The other came to $72 for both of us and that's all we got. If you don't book an excursion you don't get any credit for that port. We called to book and didn't pay anything at the time. The difference in cost was added to our onboard account. As a side note, the credit wasn't issued until after we left Tortola, the last port. Until then, the full cost of the excursions appeared on our account.

Edited by emcelh