Epic family balcony to spa mini suite- advice

mistyraj

Hello

We have been quoted £200 to change from the family balcony to a spa mini suite. Is this worth the money?

From what I understand the only actual benefit would be access to the spa- unless there are more benefits that I'm not aware of?

Would you upgrade [emoji16]?

Thanks

The room is larger and the bathroom is larger with better shower. In most cases the balcony is larger (unless you have one of the odd larger family balconies with angle). Value of the thermal suite is $129pp if booked online. That said I was unable to book spa pass online for Nov Epic cruise as it sold out in a couple hours on day 90, so if spa is a must (which I assume is not your case) book the spa room. I think you get a better robe and bathroom supplies, but no suite perks.

Thanks for the replies so far- there are 3 of us in the room, myself, husband and 2 year old daughter. We would have to go to the spa individually which isn't a problem. The cruise is for 10 nights in December. We plan to spend most of the time on the ship as we have visited most of these ports on land vacations. Are the mini spa suites actually bigger then the family balcony rooms? We just have a standard balcony

Ten nights makes the value of the spa pass more than $129 seven night I quoted above. It also increases the value of the room. The M9's are very aft making it a far walk to anything forward, I'm not sure where your Family balcony is. The big downside I saw when looking at a H9 (same applies to M9) in November is that there is a public deck above. The Port side M9's are under the arcade, the Starboard side are under a deck area where I have seen videos of both having loungers and dining tables. You should search these threads about Epic M9 or Epic Spa Mini-suite to see if there are noise complaints as I have seen complaints further forward in Balconies under the pool deck.

According to this recent thread, the spa pass on 10-day Epic sailings sells for around £105 (varies a bit with exchange rate), and the pre-purchased passes may already be sold out for your cruise, in which case you'd have to pay more than that to get them on board. So the £200 upgrade is worth it for the spa access alone. It is a pity the two of you can't use the spa together, but if you are staying on board for most of the port days, each of you should be able to find plenty of time to enjoy it, while the other enjoys some quality time (i.e. napping) with your daughter! :)