Carnival VIFP

Mrsberry

Hello Everyone,

I love to cruise with Carnival and I'm a gold member with them and I would like to know if anyone else hates the new VIFP program that started a few years ago it takes you longer now to reach the next level. I wish that they would go back to the old way. Is it just me or does anyone else feel the same way.:)

Hello Everyone,

I love to cruise with Carnival and I'm a gold member with them and I would like to know if anyone else hates the new VIFP program that started a few years ago it takes you longer now to reach the next level. I wish that they would go back to the old way. Is it just me or does anyone else feel the same way.:)

I am sure it is not just you...but I don't feel the same way.

We have only been on three cruise and have a fourth booked for June 2016. I have absolutely zero interest in any of their loyalty programs. A free drink, a toiletry bag, and....gasp....early boarding....who gives a rip about that crap? We cruise because it is a vacation that is relaxing the second you step foot on the ship. And since we drive to the port (about 4 hours), I don't find it relaxing to get up at 4 am to race to the port. Let me sleep until 730, hit the road by 800 and make a few stops along the way...easily getting on the ship by 1pm or so. No use for early boarding for us. Yeah we might miss the first "feeding", but by the end of the cruise, I am glad I did!

And while I am ranting, all these posts about not getting a bottle of water, or a piece of horrific chocolate-like substance, or a small bottle of shampoo...again...who cares? I almost, I typed almost, feel bad for those who attach birth-right status to such things.

Edited by Badfinger

Hello Everyone,

Personally I think the new way is more fair. Back in the day, people could book 10 three-day cruises and hit Platinum. Now everyone has to meet the same criteria.

Hello Everyone,

I have no problem with the current VIFP program. I pay for a cruise.....anything else offered is just a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

I am Platinum and I am satisfied with my benefits. I think there is too big of a gap between Platinum and Diamond. They should add another level such as Platinum Plus in between. I can see where the Red and Gold card cruisers could be upset with their benefits. A bottle of water and a restrictive drink coupon is not much appreciation. However, I don't cruise for the benefits, I cruise because it is such a great value.

Join the (insert long string of curse words here) club. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlnP2XH81mZYu4KPV2eolcQO3T3ufFtG7mkqYFAqpDvfITS6mAnlT0j_E

We have never drank the water we've been given (we usually just leave it there for the next guest or whatever they do with it) and the one time we sailed after they started this free drink on the last sea day after 5 pm jazz, I had to chase down a bar waiter to get my drink because he saw me with my coupon and took off.

Join the (insert long string of curse words here) club. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlnP2XH81mZYu4KPV2eolcQO3T3ufFtG7mkqYFAqpDvfITS6mAnlT0j_E

We have never drank the water we've been given (we usually just leave it there for the next guest or whatever they do with it) and the one time we sailed after they started this free drink on the last sea day after 5 pm jazz, I had to chase down a bar waiter to get my drink because he saw me with my coupon and took off.

First, I don't know why a bar waiter would run away because of a free drink. It's not like he makes a killing selling one drink with a 15% gratuity.

As far as the VIFP program goes, I'm now Platinum and I do appreciate some of the benefits - However, I don't know of many other companies that I use that give me anything for being a "loyal" customer. Nope, no free chicken from Chik Fil A, even though I eat there food at least once a week, and no free gas from the station I use all the time.

So, I do appreciate the fact that Carnival is offering anything, whether it's a bottle of water or a free drink that can only be redeemed on the last evening of the cruise. I am like others who pay for a cruise because I love the experience - anything they give me is icing on the cake.

Since I travel with different family members or friends each cruise and since I bounce between a half dozen cruise lines because of time, ports, ships, itineraries etc. I have never worried about loyalty status. The few perks offered don't in any way balance out the fun of cruising everyone, and since my traveling companions don't qualify perks like priority boarding don't mean a heck of a lot.

No one is treated "better" on a cruise because they are loyalists. The service doesn't change, food is the same, cabins aren't upgraded because someone is a VIFP. Just book early and get your preferred dining time. Arrive at the terminal at 1 and you get right on, your room is ready for drop off, and you have a whole cruise to unpack and get settled (which takes, for me, all of 15 minutes).

And, truth be told, I am sometimes leery of passengers who flaunt their "status". Some can be real pains, who expect that they will be given preferential treatment and are really vocal about it.

The reason I didn't like the old way is because people like me who take mostly 7 day cruises can sail over double the time as someone who takes 3 day not to mention spend more money and let's face it it's reward for spending more with carnival the number of days just makes it equal the same amount for both

Personally I think the new way is more fair. Back in the day, people could book 10 three-day cruises and hit Platinum. Now everyone has to meet the same criteria.

I have to agree. As someone who cruises once a year, usually for 8 days or better, it seems to make more sense to allow points per day rather than per cruise. Just my opinion.

First, I don't know why a bar waiter would run away because of a free drink. It's not like he makes a killing selling one drink with a 15% gratuity.

I don't either but I had my coupon and I was reading the fine print to make sure I knew exactly what the rules were regarding the coupon. A bar waiter in the theater saw me and noped his happy rear back to the back of the room.

I am sure it is not just you...but I don't feel the same way.

We have only been on three cruise and have a fourth booked for June 2016. I have absolutely zero interest in any of their loyalty programs. A free drink, a toiletry bag, and....gasp....early boarding....who gives a rip about that crap? We cruise because it is a vacation that is relaxing the second you step foot on the ship. And since we drive to the port (about 4 hours), I don't find it relaxing to get up at 4 am to race to the port. Let me sleep until 730, hit the road by 800 and make a few stops along the way...easily getting on the ship by 1pm or so. No use for early boarding for us. Yeah we might miss the first "feeding", but by the end of the cruise, I am glad I did!

And while I am ranting, all these posts about not getting a bottle of water, or a piece of horrific chocolate-like substance, or a small bottle of shampoo...again...who cares? I almost, I typed almost, feel bad for those who attach birth-right status to such things.

Birth right... Why all the haters on this site. You should feel bad because you acquired perks put out by the cruise line. I'm awesome because I didn't and by the way if I did I wouldn't even care. Knowing that you'll be the first person to complain.

Birth right... Why all the haters on this site. You should feel bad because you acquired perks put out by the cruise line. I'm awesome because I didn't and by the way if I did I wouldn't even care. Knowing that you'll be the first person to complain.

That's a pretty broad statement that probably doesn't reflect the sentiment of many cruisers. CC is full of reviews that start with "I'm a diamond/platinum" and the cruise line is taking away all my perks. And some posts begin the same way with comments being validated because someone is diamond/platinum and they know exactly how the cruise line is screwing the passengers.

It would be nice if loyalists would be glad with their perks instead of belittling the cruiseline for "changing" them (which is Carnivals decision to make). After all no one is forced to be a loyalist...You don't necessarily get better fares, bigger rooms just for cruising with a certain line, do you? And if Carnival decides to charge folks and folks are willing to pay for things like FTTF why should that be such a big deal to diamonds/platinums who, in fact,

also "paid" just like non loyalists are doing.

I think it’s great in regards to the days cruised vs. number of cruises. I was disappointed when it changed though because with the old way I would have been gold on my last cruise but because of the change I was not.

I also think the gap between Platinum & Diamond is HUGE.

Edited by brepri_h

Doesn't matter to me how they do it now or how they used to do it, doesn't matter to me what VIFP level I am or anyone else is. I go on CCL because I like the product and I like the price. The sea days add up over time, everyone that cruises CCL will either be diamond or dead at some point, don't stress the journey.

Edited by Wilgr