? for recent 3 day Majesty Cruisers

maryr65

I just returned from the Majesty 3 day and unfortunately no Quest, but did have the Love and Marriage show. They do have art auctions every day/evening that are held in the Centrum. The dinner themes were italian the first night, Captain's Gala (french) the second night and farewell dinner the last night. Our itinerary was switched so that we were in Nassau on Saturday until 3am(Sunday morning) and there was a midnight buffet/pool party up on deck. It did include all kinds of chocolate desserts with fresh fruit with white and dark chocolate to pour all over it! (very yummy!) Any other questions, I would be happy to answer.

Have a great cruise!

Sinbad

:) FOR SINBAD -- Hi. I would be interested to know what you did in Nassau. We are planning on taking the #10 Jitney to the Crystal Palace/Wyndham. However, I'm a little apprehensive, as we have never done it before. I just don't want to miss the ship leaving at 5:00. What would you recommend?

How early did you check-in the day of the cruise? Did you have the Set Sail Pass filled out on-line? How did it go? Do you have to go through customs at the port, or only the airport?

Thanks for this and any other info you might want to impart. :)

Thank you for your reply. May I ask how you liked the ship? This will be our 5th RCI cruise although we have also cruised on DCL, NCL and CCL.

I don’t look for wear and tear but hope the ship is clean. So the poolside party was on the second evening? What did you do in Nassau?

How was your cabin? Were thinking we would finally try Quest but I guess that will have to wait to our Serenade cruise in April.

Love and Marriage show is always funny and will try to make time to go.

Our cruise seems to be basically sold out since we are cruising over Columbus Day weekend. I know it is the reason I chose that date. I will need to just use one day off from work and my kids will also miss a day.

I’m sure there will be lots of kids on this cruise so my 11 and 7 year old will have plenty of new friends at the kids clubs if they decide they want to go in the evening.

Firsttimer2-we are on the same cruise :) I know you asked sinbad but this is what we are doing: We plan on taking swimsuits for the kids in my carryon for when we arrive and for Nassau, we (well I LOL) decided that we will walk over to the British Colonial Hilton, buy the day pass and spend the day at the beach and use the facilities, pool, food, bathrooms, and beach loungers.

CoCo Cay, just a relaxing beach day is what we have planned.

I filled out the online boarding passes, have our passports and documents and don't think we will have too much of a hold up getting our cards once we arrive at the pier. My flight lands at 11 am in FLL (got $69 each way from EWR, can't beat that) and we have Larry's Limo taking us to the pier. I assume we will be able to board not too long after we arrive at the pier.

I think you were asking on another thread (forgive me if it wasn't you) about your husband and dinner and the dress code. I can tell you, although we always pack my husbands suit for dinner on longer cruises, we are not packing it for this shorter cruise. We are packing his dress pants and collared shirts for dinner. I am a light packer and I have packed one pair of black pants and 2 seperate tops for 2 nights at dinner and what I wear on the plane (probably Khakis and a top) is what I will wear for dinner. I am not going to stress about the time on this cruise (hopefully). If we get back from Nassau and are tired or the kids want to swim, that is what we will do and have dinner in the Windjammer. If the kids want to eat with the kids in the kids club on formal night, then we will let them and eat by ourselves in the dining room. It is a short cruise so I am going into it with a mindset to just go with the flow which is hard for me to do in real life LOL

Looking forward to going and hopefully we will miss any new storms that are brewing!

For those of you who are sailing on the Majesty 3 day in the near future, check with RCCL as we were very surprised that they switched our itinerary and we went to Nassau on Saturday and Coco Cay on Sunday. We had reservations at the Comfort Suites for Sunday (so that we could spend the day at Atlantis) and had to scramble to change our reservation to Saturday. Comfort Suites was very nice and changed it, and the rate was only $8 higher. The ship didn't arrive into Nassau until about 10:30 am, but cleared very quickly. We spent the day at Atlantis and it was absolutely amazing! Some of the slides weren't working when we got there (due to low water pressure), but we went on the lazy river and used the pools. The slides opened later in the day, but the lines were extremely long and we had to get back to the ship to get ready for formal night.

Regarding check in, we arrived at the ship a little after 11am and were on the ship in no time. We had completed our docs online and had printed the set sail pass, but at that time of the morning, none of the lines were long.

It was interesting to see the formal wear on this ship. Some people were dressed up (like on their way to the prom:) ) and others looked like it was just another casual night.

Another word of caution, if you are going to Coco Cay on Sunday, you will be sharing the island with the Sovereign of the Seas. Our cruise was the first test for this. Each ship was given a different colored wrist band, and a different dock for their tenders. The island was packed:mad:. If you didn't get over there on one of the first tenders, then there were no lounge chairs and forget finding a spot in the shade. I spoke to the Cruise Director and he said this was a test to see how well the island would hold a Freedom size ship. (The island failed miserably!) There were 2,469 pax on the Majesty and I'm sure close to that on the Sovereign, and I don't think the island is equipped to handle close to 5,000 pax. Hopefully this will be a short lived test!

The Majesty is an older (and smaller) ship, but she is still in pretty good shape. She is showing some wear and tear, but the crew is very friendly. If you don't expect Voyager class wow, then you will be very satisfied for three days.

Hope you have a great time and any other questions, just let me know.

Sinbad

i am just nervous about the dress code for dinner. i don't own anything fancy.

Larasmom, don't fret. The formal nite (on the 3 and 4 nite cruises) don't seem to be as formal as the formal nites on the longer cruises, but they are still dress-up nites. If you don't have something dressy (doesn't need to be 'fancy'), spruce something up that you've already got in your closet. A simple black suit - change the buttons on them to rhinestone buttons, put a silky or beaded camisole underneath, sparkly or dressy shoes, bag and jewelry, and voila. I use a black suit that I have for work all the time, just change the buttons. If you have a simple black dress, dress it up with a pretty sheer wrap (you can get them very inexpensively), and secure it with a sparkly rhinestone pin, add rhinestone chandelier earrings, and you've got yourself something dressy enough.

The other nites are casual - just no jeans or shorts. I'm sure you'll be PERFECT! I remember my first cruise - like on TV's Love Boat, I had an outfit for every meal, every activity. Spent so much time running back and forth to my room to change, that I don't think I really 'got' what cruising was about. It wasn't 'til my second cruise that I realized I didn't need all those clothes!

When are you going on the Majesty? We'll be on her for a 3-niter too in Decmeber....

Michele

I just noticed that you are from Lindenhurst. We are from Winthrop Harbor. Small world!! Our doctor is in Lindenhurst.

This is our first cruise and I'm really excited! :)

I sure like this Cruise Critic board---the help is great!:p

Thanks to Sinbad for all your input. Scubagirrl was also wonderful.

Hey! Looks like a Lake County thread. DW and I are sailing MOS Dec 2 for our first vacation without children.........leaving kids behind with the Grandparents. Please write a review when you get back.

Have fun and check to see if the Champagne bar has martini happy hour from 5-8 every night:p , they are half off:D . Read this on another thread some time ago.

Have fun and check to see if the Champagne bar has martini happy hour from 5-8 every night:p , they are half off:D . Read this on another thread some time ago.

We're also doing a three nighter in Dec. Do any of the recent cruisers know if this is true about the martini happy hour? That interests me a wee bit ;) . Also Sinbad, how was the food in the dining room?

I do remember there being a martini happy hour, but would need to check my compass to find the right date/time.

As far as the food goes..I wish I could tell you it was excellent, but unfortunately this was my 25th cruise with RCCL (yea I'm finally Diamond Plus!), and the worst when it came to dining room food. There were two nights I didn't eat my dinner because it just flat out didn't taste very good. I am not a picky eater, and I have had some great meals on RCCL ships, but the food on the Majesty just wasn't up to their usual standards. The ceasar salads were swimming in dressing and the beef was very chewy and tasteless except for the overabundance of pepper it was cooked with. I know I could have asked for something else from the menu, but at least I didnt feel guilty ordering dessert! I did have the tiger shrimp the first night, and they were very good. We ate breakfast in the Windjammer every morning and I enjoyed the freshly prepared omelets. I am sure you will find something to like and there is always the midnight buffett on Saturday night with all kinds of chocolate!

Have a great cruise!

Sinbad

That's kind of what I was expecting to hear based on what I've read about Sovereign and Majesty lately. This is just a quick getaway without the kids for us so we're thrilled already and we'll do fine. We never have a problem finding something to eat but I was hoping :D . To be honest, I found that the food had gone down quite a bit on our Jewel cruise last year from our first RCCL cruise on the Sovereign in '01. The food was really very very good back then. Then again, when I think of how ridiculously little we paid for this cruise and the airfare I really can't complain. Thanks for the info Sinbad.

We were on the Majesty early September, and found the food to be very good in the dining room....I guess it's all subjective.....I didn't have the steak, but my boss and his wife did, and they said it was very good too. The escargot are awesome (I had seconds, and our headwaiter saved 2 servings for me the following nite too!). I found the opposite regarding the amount of caesar salad dressing - there wasn't enough on mine, and got some more on the side....

Enjoy your cruise - the Majesty is one of our favorite ships - the staff have been together a long time, and really work well together.

We'll be on her again early December.

Michele

We were on the Majesty early September, and found the food to be very good in the dining room....I guess it's all subjective.....I didn't have the steak, but my boss and his wife did, and they said it was very good too. The escargot are awesome (I had seconds, and our headwaiter saved 2 servings for me the following nite too!). I found the opposite regarding the amount of caesar salad dressing - there wasn't enough on mine, and got some more on the side....

Enjoy your cruise - the Majesty is one of our favorite ships - the staff have been together a long time, and really work well together.

We'll be on her again early December.

Michele

That's good to hear too! I'm looking forward to it either way :) !

We're also sailing in early December.

Hi Michele, Found You On This Thread. Sorry You Cancelled "jewel Cruise" May I Ask Any Particular Reason.. As You Might Remember Sue And I Went On The Majesty Aug 26th. Because Of Katrina We Sailed On Sat Instead Fri.lost A Day.. Spent An Extra Night In Miami.. Rc Gave A $100.00 Pp On Board Credit.. Had A Good Time Anyway... Did You See Jacob Or Francseco??? We Sat At Jacob Area, And Of Course Were Treated Well. Sue Had Her Knee Replacement Sergury At Little Over 3 Weeks Ago.doing Well. I See You Are Going On Majesty In Dec... Which Date?? We Were Thinking Of Going In Jan ,but My Son Is Having A Spinal Fusion Done On Jan 9th,sue"s Birthday.. She Will Be Going Up To Charlotte For About A Month To Take Care Of The Grandkids..... Might Consider Dec. Majesty''' Hope To Hear From Y"all.. Say Hi To Chuck For Me.... Mike

Archived