Call to the ship in an emergency?

vms

I've looked on Celebrity's website and I can't find anything. If there is an emergency at home, is there a number for someone to call to get a message to the ship? I'm hoping to spend my vacation disconnected from the net as much as possible.

I'll be on the Millennium, if that makes a difference.

They sure have buried it. It's under "Phone" on the "Staying in Touch" tab of the "During Your Cruise" page of the "Already Booked?" section:

Friends and family can contact the ship by calling 877-266-1020. From outside the U.S., they can call 321-953-9002. The cost is $7.95 USD a minute. This can be charged to their MasterCard® or Visa®. From outside the U.S., additional long distance charges will also apply.

You can make ship-to-shore calls from your stateroom, 24 hours a day. The cost is $7.95 USD per minute and will be automatically charged to your SeaPass® account.

This is from the US site. It may be different in other countries, though the info should be the same.

Friends or family can reach you 24 hours a day via Celebrity's Satellite Service. Your friends and family can contact the ship by calling (877) 266-1020. From outside the U.S., they can call (732) 335-3296.

they need your Ship, name, and cabin number.

They sure have buried it. It's under "Phone" on the "Staying in Touch" tab of the "During Your Cruise" page of the "Already Booked?" section:

Friends and family can contact the ship by calling 877-266-1020. From outside the U.S., they can call 321-953-9002. The cost is $7.95 USD a minute. This can be charged to their MasterCard® or Visa®. From outside the U.S., additional long distance charges will also apply.

You can make ship-to-shore calls from your stateroom, 24 hours a day. The cost is $7.95 USD per minute and will be automatically charged to your SeaPass® account.

This is from the US site. It may be different in other countries, though the info should be the same.

To add to this:

Callers must have the ship name and the person they wish to contact. When connected, enter the number for the ship you wish to reach, followed by the pound sign:

Celebrity Century: 1#

Celebrity Constellation: 2#

Celebrity Eclipse: 3#

Celebrity Equinox: 4#

Celebrity Infinity: 5#

Celebrity Millennium: 6#

Celebrity Silhouette: 7#

Celebrity Solstice: 8#

Celebrity Summit: 9#

Thanks everyone! I checked the FAQ and several other places, but never realized that you could click on the During Your Cruise area without choosing one of the other drop-down options.

I'm having a head slap moment since it really was obvious after I got the directions, but glad to have such helpful people on the boards!

Happy Cruising!

Having lived through an emergency at home where we had to be reached these numbers are important to have.

We were on NCL at the time but it took almost 20 hours before they were able to reach us. For whatever reason we had not checked e-mail that day. I good thing, as it would have been an unpleasant surprise to see condolences before our family was able to reach us.

Much as I understand your wish to 'escape' from the net it is still such an easy way to get/send messages.

We do log on daily when cruising but only open what we choose to.

This is what we do too but I only check every other day. We have several nieces & nephews but only 1 knows how to get us in a real emergency. The general rule is ...if there is nothing we can do about the situation there is no need to let us know about it. Has worked so far & some medical situations with family did come up & we found out about them once we got home.

Wouldn't it be easier to just use your cell phone? I leave mine on most of the time, with the data turned off. I can send and receive texts and make or receive a call should the need arise. It's cheap and quick. For my recent 7 day cruise my total cost was $9.50. I did not add international service. Just a thought.