Las Palmas, Canary Islands

bnorris10

I just want to confirm that for my dec epic cruise we are stopping in

that it is actually

Las Palmas de Gran Canaria

The upper right corner of the canary islands on the map

I want to book a HOHO bus and want to make sure i am in fact booking in for the correct area

I just want to confirm that for my dec epic cruise we are stopping in

that it is actually

Las Palmas de Gran Canaria

The upper right corner of the canary islands on the map

I want to book a HOHO bus and want to make sure i am in fact booking in for the correct area

You are right - it is Las Palmas Gran Canaria. In fact I am on the same cruise as you and we are also thinking of the HOHO bus at this port. We have booked the HOHO bus in Malaga - have already visited most of the ports of call and certainly don't want long excursions lasting all day so felt HOHO bus the most sensible option. Looking forward to meeting you at the M&G and having the secret santa. My twin grandsons (12 years old) are so excited about this cruise.

See you on 20th.

Regards

Suzanne

You are right - it is Las Palmas Gran Canaria. In fact I am on the same cruise as you and we are also thinking of the HOHO bus at this port. We have booked the HOHO bus in Malaga - have already visited most of the ports of call and certainly don't want long excursions lasting all day so felt HOHO bus the most sensible option. Looking forward to meeting you at the M&G and having the secret santa. My twin grandsons (12 years old) are so excited about this cruise.

See you on 20th.

Regards

Suzanne

Who did you book thru for the malaga hoho

We booked through http://www.city-ss/en/malaga. If you cannot access the website (think the en refers to England?) then try city sightseeing Malaga and then maybe you will be able to access the American section so that you can pay in your own currency.

I bought 4 adult tickets and 2 children's tickets which cost £95.58 in total. We have opted for the Malaga Experience because it includes the cost of entrance fees to various attractions, 1hour boat ride and offers of tapas and wine at some stops en route!! To go into the various attractions would have worked out more expensive. The twins (and their Dad and Alf Rowland, who is joining us for the day) are keen to visit the Motor Museum so that is a must stop!

Would be fun if we were all on the bus together. Feel this will be more relaxing than spending a long journey to Granada and Alhambra - places I have already visited anyhow and the boys don't want to be stuck on a coach all day either.

Looking forward to seeing you and the family on 20th

If you have trouble access the site then please let me know and I will try and help you get booked.

Regards

Suzanne

One tip re previous post. Would not recommend going through any of the other HOHO bus operators for Malaga as they do not include free entrance to the various attractions. I did enquire about another company and when it came down to it would have had to pay extras left right and centre to see major sights.

Hope you can book from America OK

Suzanne

I am looking at the Ahlambra all day tour- Yuck-20hours each way but everyone tells me it is a MUST see if we are that close!! Is it really worth it?

I would definitely recommend seeing Granada and the Alhambra Palace. Yes, it is a long journey but you will really enjoy it. You can always recover with a relaxing sea day the day afterwards.

Suzanne

Don't think it is 20 hours each way but it is a full day's excursion!

Edited by suron
Information omitted

I would definitely recommend seeing Granada and the Alhambra Palace. Yes, it is a long journey but you will really enjoy it. You can always recover with a relaxing sea day the day afterwards.

Suzanne

Don't think it is 20 hours each way but it is a full day's excursion!

Haha. That was a typo. Looking at doing it with Spain day tours. Possibly a private tour so it won't take as long to get there with the bus stops ...

We will be in Las Palmas next year and considering the HOHO bus but I can't find where the pick up is close to the port.

Can anyone help?

TIA

When a ship is in port the HoHo stops there. We bought our tickets when we boarded the bus. Not sure if pre-purchasing allows you expedited access to the bus.

I actually ended up using this company

http://www.city-sightseeing.com/

for all 3 of my ports

they had good reviews and I was able to print the ticket at home and I can exchange it with the bus driver oppose to having to go towards a station for it

Glad you managed to get booked on the HOHO buses. Did you opt for the Malaga Experience ticket? Looks like we could be on the same buses -we have booked Malaga and are considering Gran Canaria too.

The countdown is now on.

See you very soon at the M&G/Secret Santa - not sure as yet if we will be joining the Bar Crawl!

Suzanne

• 4 weeks later...
HOHO is the best way to see all kinds of things. We particularly enjoyed the old town area.

Pleased to hear you enjoyed the HOHO - Will you use this for Malaga? If so did you book the Malaga Experience package which gives free entrance to the various attractions. Would be interested for feedback on this if you do the HOHO in Malaga - we are there on Boxing Day and have already bought our Experience tickets on line.

Suzanne