Hmmm...weird Carnival call

sotuffexecutive

Just received call from Carnival. Rang twice and stopped. No msg....no emails. Oh well who knows what it was for. Going to wonder all night now. LOL

I usually get calls from them when I click on a link for the website in one of their emails. If you're already booked it may have been for an upgrade.

I've been booked for over a year and frequent carnival.com, click on their emails, etc. Not one call.

Is there a specific number they call from?

Honestly, a few years ago I got so sick of them calling that I switched my phone number on my profile to all 9s (although that may have been overridden since my most recent booking) and then blocked the number so I couldn't tell you what the number is. Most of the time my PVP left a message, but not always.

Just received call from Carnival. Rang twice and stopped. No msg....no emails. Oh well who knows what it was for. Going to wonder all night now. LOL

Likely an upgrade call or a call to confirm something on your booking. I've got those ring twice and hang up calls many times, not sure why it happens like that.

Honestly, a few years ago I got so sick of them calling that I switched my phone number on my profile to all 9s (although that may have been overridden since my most recent booking) and then blocked the number so I couldn't tell you what the number is. Most of the time my PVP left a message, but not always.

It could be that I ignore the odd "Unknown Number" call where they don't leave a message. It could also be that our cruise and excursions are paid for. Don't know. I'm new to this cruising schtick.

That said, we're thinking of Alaska in '16. Are you listening, Carnival?

Oh well....if upgrade call gone bad not upset. Have an aft extended for upcoming cruise and not interested in giving up the room. All excursions are paid for. So whatever it was I am sure that it was nothing important. Just hate those calls where I recognize the number and it stops after 2 rings.

Interestingly enough I am on the site frequently looking for sales for 2016 or price drops (did early saver) and I rarely if ever get calls.

It's probably for shore excursions. I'm sailing in 50 days and a few days ago my GF and I both missed a call from unknown number in Miami with no voicemail left. I called the number back and it was Carnival. I was eventually put in through to who called us. They wanted to know if I needed help with booking shore excursions on our upcoming cruise. I told them I already had some booked on my booking number and they seemed surprised. That's all they wanted. Must be something new as this is my 20th cruise and I've never received a phone call on shore excursions before. I understand what they're doing, but to me it's sort of annoying getting a call from them while I'm working and having to call them back to make sure nothings wrong with the upcoming cruise only to find out they're trying to sell excursions early.

It could be that I ignore the odd "Unknown Number" call where they don't leave a message. It could also be that our cruise and excursions are paid for. Don't know. I'm new to this cruising schtick.

That said, we're thinking of Alaska in '16. Are you listening, Carnival?

If you are thinking about Alaska in 2016 think Princess not Carnival.:)

Bill

Okay, I'll bite. Why?

Carnival is usually more expensive then their competitors like Princess and HAL and only go to Glacier Bay in the beginning or the end of the season.

Also Carnivals cruises leaves on Tuesdays which is not convenient for a lot of people.

Just my opinion. YMMV.:)

Bill

Carnival is usually more expensive then their competitors like Princess and HAL and only go to Glacier Bay in the beginning or the end of the season.

Also Carnivals cruises leaves on Tuesdays which is not convenient for a lot of people.

Just my opinion. YMMV.:)

Bill

I thought those there were the same company, not competitors

Robo call to try to get you to book with them.