Adding another person to reservation after final payment

Sandy1975

I am calling tomorrow to inquire about this but i wanted to see if anyone has any experience adding a 3rd person to a reservation after final payment.

My husband mentioned that his mom might enjoy a cruise but since she will be a solo traveler, it is too expensive to book a cabin for herself. I'm willing to sacrifice privacy and some comfort so that she can have a "stress free" getaway.

After much thinking i thought that maybe we could add her to our sailing in December as our cabin has an upper berth (I will probably take that since im younger n smaller ). Im in a 1B cabin.

My questions are:

1) can a cabin for 3 can really fit 3people sort of comfortably?

2) is it possible to add someone after final payment?

This might not go anywhere since She might not want to do it but just in case I would like to know!

Thanks

You must call ASAP because it could have reached capacity already. We were in a R/S on Summit and there was much more room for her but she could not decide if she wanted to go and although the rep warned her you have up to 72 hours before departure but call in in ASAP because of capacity she did not listen called 8 days before departure and just could not go. As for space, I could not handle three passengers in that cabin, many people have no problem because most people don't stay in the cabin. Hopes this helps.:rolleyes:

I am going to give an honest answer.

Firstly I think you are great being willing to share your cabin. However, as someone said if numbers are full it is a loosing battle before you start, bunk or not you need to speak to Celebrity.

3 adults sharing a cabin is hard work in terms of storage, space, privacy and even the times you get up and go to bed can be an issue.

Can I suggest a possible alternative? Why don't you price up the cheapest cabin still available for two passengers, see what the total is and then consider another adult (friend, relation...) she may want to invite. She could then discuss with a costing the opportunity to cruise with this other person. Perhaps she has a sister or a neighbour who may be interested. The bonus to this is not only have you avoided compromising on your cabin your Mum would have an alternative companion.

Just an idea. As I said in my heading, I think it is great for you to offer but may not be the best idea.

If you go through with this, you might consider what some other triple-occupance passengers do -- have your husband shower and change clothes in the spa area. Also, you didn't say how long your cruise is. Three in a cabin for a five-night cruise might be ok, but for a 14 night cruise, you'll have a real time of it with storage.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, i know about reaching capacity that is why I am calling about it today. I haven't even mention the idea to my husband yet because i know 3 adults in a cabin could be tight and I always wondered how people do it.

Just waiting now to talk to TA :)

I am going to give an honest answer.

Firstly I think you are great being willing to share your cabin. However, as someone said if numbers are full it is a loosing battle before you start, bunk or not you need to speak to Celebrity.

3 adults sharing a cabin is hard work in terms of storage, space, privacy and even the times you get up and go to bed can be an issue.

Can I suggest a possible alternative? Why don't you price up the cheapest cabin still available for two passengers, see what the total is and then consider another adult (friend, relation...) she may want to invite. She could then discuss with a costing the opportunity to cruise with this other person. Perhaps she has a sister or a neighbour who may be interested. The bonus to this is not only have you avoided compromising on your cabin your Mum would have an alternative companion.

Just an idea. As I said in my heading, I think it is great for you to offer but may not be the best idea.

That is something we were discussing yesterday with my husband too. Maybe even pay for other 1/2.

If you go through with this, you might consider what some other triple-occupance passengers do -- have your husband shower and change clothes in the spa area. Also, you didn't say how long your cruise is. Three in a cabin for a five-night cruise might be ok, but for a 14 night cruise, you'll have a real time of it with storage.

It is a 7 day cruise with 2 full sea days. The cruise been port intensive might make it doable.

Similar, but not identical experience here. I am booked on a solo cruise in March 2016. It was booked under the 1-2-3 program.

I had someone who wanted to join me. We figured the friend would not be eligible for the 1-2-3 benefits, but were OK with that. Since I was paying for two, all we wanted to do was add the friend as the second person in the cabin. I was told, that since the original reservation was single rate, any changes/additions would be priced at the current rate and promotions. I would lose the 1-2-3 benefits and we would be charged the current going rate for our cabin. That meant our per person rate would be more than my "double" rate as a solo. Needless to say we didn't do it. In other words, changing from a solo booking to a double booking would only be done at the current price.

Since this was well before the final payment date, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a similar policy in effect. Of course, if the ship is at maximum capacity, the question is moot.

Last September on a Med cruise my sister decided she wanted to go about a month before we sailed but there were no cabins available. We decided to allow her to join us in our cabin and we were able to do it without a problem. It was a tight fit but we managed and had a great time. It was a matter of scheduling for the most part. Since it was a very port intensive cruise we didn't spend much time in the cabin anyway.

I didn't pursue this option because my after taking it over with my S.O. he just didn't think it would work out. We both agree that cabin would be too tight for 3 people and scheduling, etc might be a nightmare and leave us all grumpy. So we are looking at other alternatives now. Thanks for all your answers!

If you have a balcony room it's easier to maneuver 3 ppl. One hint is to have DH shower in the fitness center / spa area & have the two ladies take over the state room to get ready for dinner.