Half Moon Cay Cancellation

barriechris

Reading some post and I've noticed that occasionally people say that Half Moon Cay has been skipped (I assume for weather).

How often does this occur and in the event of a cabana being reserved does Carnival give a refund to credit card or on board credit??

I'm hoping people say its rare that it happens. :)

We've been on 3 cruises that had Half Moon Cay as a scheduled port.

Thus far, we've gotten to the shore only once. The other two cruises arrived at the island only to then abruptly leave after announcing that the tides/weather/waves, etc. were too rough to disembark passengers.

From what I've heard/seen from my and other passenger experiences, the stop is canceled roughly 50% of the time.

Garnett

We have been on two scheduled to port there and both times we made it and the weather was wonderful and in the last year I personally know of 5 people who had this as a port of call and everyone made it.

I recall hearing that it is missed about 10% of the time.

I would imagine that there are times of the year that the percent is higher, that would be an overall average.

I really do feel badly for the individuals who seem to have had such unfortunate luck getting to the island.:(

It is the most beautiful beach I have been to, truly amazing. :D

I'm 1 for 1 here, but have missed Princess private island stop for rough seas. I have also missed Grand Cayman 2 of 4 times, and even St. Martin where a hurricane was FAR out to sea but creating swells at the pier such that they couldn't docket safely after trying for about an hour. That was in August. All my other misses have been March - so far from hurricane season.

I asked this question of Wee Jimmy and he could not provide a number. I have just learned to chalk it up to one of those "things that can happen when you cruise." If I miss it one time I feel it is just the good Lord's way of telling me I need to cruise again!:D

We just returned today from our cruise and thankfully was able to make our stop at HMC - I'm pretty sure it was missed the week before and the day after us. It was my first time there and it was as beautiful in person as all of the pictures I've seen. ImageUploadedByForums1445719098.405691.jpg.a310e3265be80a72b0388ec0ba109eef.jpg

While HMC is a great port stop, we would NOT book a cruise ONLY because a port stop to HMC was on the itinerary since it really is missed somewhat often. ;)

But someone who is cruising Pride out of Baltimore definitely would. The Grand Turk, HMC, Freeport itinerary is, for many, a better choice than Port Canaveral, Nassau, Freeport.