Has anyone recently used the iconcierge app on the Sun?

burm

Has anyone recently used the iconcierge app on the Sun? If so, did all the functions work well?

What is the charge for use of phone or text? I have heard $7.95 - does that cover both phone and text use, or just one of the two?

Does the app show you all daily acitivities, such as triva, Zumba, lectures, etc, or just excursions and reservations?

How useful did you find the app?

The app is free to use but you can enable a "walkie-talkie" feature for $7.95 that allows you to talk with other family members on the ship. Many say it doesn't work well, so you might want to check it out before investing.

I just called NCL tech support and asked if iconcierge were already available on the Sun. At first he said no, but when I told him that it was listed on their official website, he said that he would contact the ship directly to ask. He said he should call back by Tuesday or Wednesday to let me know the correct answer.

It is available on the Sun. It does NOT work well at all. We had to initialize it over and over, text messages were slow, 30 minutes to deliver. Calling from phone to phone did not work. We did have the $7.95 per phone charge reversed with no argument or problem so they know it does not work. We were told there were technical problems working with android and we could not make dining reservations because of that. On Getaway it worked great, Sun, not so much.

It is available on the Sun. It does NOT work well at all. We had to initialize it over and over, text messages were slow, 30 minutes to deliver. Calling from phone to phone did not work. We did have the $7.95 per phone charge reversed with no argument or problem so they know it does not work. We were told there were technical problems working with android and we could not make dining reservations because of that. On Getaway it worked great, Sun, not so much.

Thanks for the confirmation.

It is still new to the Sun, so hopefully they will work the bugs out soon.