Magic Dry Dock 2.0 Upgrades

Violets Mommy

I'm not sure what all the possible 2.0 upgrades are. If they put all the upgrades from post #7, would anything be missing? Keeping my fingers crossed that Alchemy Bar is a definite.

Didn't notice the Bonsai Sushi listed. Would like to see that added.

So we are relying on a third party website to confirm Carnival upgrades to their ships? Boy I sure do love Cruise Critic.

I'm not relying on anything other than my own opinion as I stated before.

Based on how the dry-docks have been going, and the little information that is available, it's my thought that they will not be adding anymore Guy's burgers. I don't know about Blue Iguana cantina, doesn't look like it.

I very well could be totally wrong.

When they announced Miracle would get the 2.0 upgrades, I was thrilled about it as we are only an hour away from the port and sail Carnival often to Mexico.

I was so disappointed they did not get the addition.

Being that the Miracle is moving to China, I can better understand why that ship didn't get guys when the Pride did.

John Heald has said Magic will get it. Yes he could be totally wrong too, but nobody from Carnival ever said the Miracle was getting Guys. In my opinion these details make all of the difference. Either way, I'm excited to be booked on the Magic next year!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Being that the Miracle is moving to China, I can better understand why that ship didn't get guys when the Pride did.

John Heald has said Magic will get it. Yes he could be totally wrong too, but nobody from Carnival ever said the Miracle was getting Guys. In my opinion these details make all of the difference. Either way, I'm excited to be booked on the Magic next year!

The Magic is a great ship!

Red Frog Pub was so much fun and the Ocean Plaza has so many fun activities, every morning they had a little continental breakfast set up so it was just a nice, quite place to have coffee and a little something to eat.

Red Frog Pub was so much fun and the Ocean Plaza has so many fun activities, every morning they had a little continental breakfast set up so it was just a nice, quite place to have coffee and a little something to eat.

So good to hear. Ocean Plaza was my favorite place on the Sunshine. Magic will be our first dream class ship!

I doubt it will get Guy's and Blue Iguana. The last ship to get Guy's was the Freedom back in July of 2014. Ships since then have gone through the 2.0 upgrades but did not get Guy's.

The Breeze has it because it was built when they were adding them.

I think it has something to do with the contract negotiations but it's just my opinion, nothing more.

I hope I'm wrong because I LOVE Guy's burgers!

Carnival Spirit had Guy's Burgers added in drydock in late August/early September this year.

• 2 weeks later...

We Agree as well. We loved the Red Frog Pub. I hope that stays since they plan on putting the Red Frog Bar on the Lido.

Magic is now our Favorite ship. Looking at a Nov 2016 sailing.

• 2 weeks later...
We Agree as well. We loved the Red Frog Pub. I hope that stays since they plan on putting the Red Frog Bar on the Lido.

Magic is now our Favorite ship. Looking at a Nov 2016 sailing.

We are booked November 12th. Going to Aruba and curacao and I think grand turk. Its going to be great. Looking forward to the magic being in Canaveral.

• 4 weeks later...

My Carnival PVP told me that Magic was getting Guy's and the BBQ in dry dock and I would assume the rest of the items mentioned as well. I hope for is sake that he was right because that was a specific question I asked and he has been our PVP for 7 cruises.

My Carnival PVP told me that Magic was getting Guy's and the BBQ in dry dock and I would assume the rest of the items mentioned as well. I hope for is sake that he was right because that was a specific question I asked and he has been our PVP for 7 cruises.

I sure hope Magic gets Guy's. We are bringing new cruisers with us on our May cruise and we really want to WOW them!!!

We were on the Freedom in Oct hanging out at the Alchemy bar & overheard the bartender say the Alchemy bar wont be added when The Magic goes to dry dock. It will be added April 18 & 19 while repositioning to Florida. I would think it would be better to do it during the 3 week dry dock then in 2 day. I hope the info isn't true because we will be on the Magic March 27 & would love an Alchemy Bar but the source was the head Alchemy bartender.

We were on the Freedom in Oct hanging out at the Alchemy bar & overheard the bartender say the Alchemy bar wont be added when The Magic goes to dry dock. It will be added April 18 & 19 while repositioning to Florida. I would think it would be better to do it during the 3 week dry dock then in 2 day. I hope the info isn't true because we will be on the Magic March 27 & would love an Alchemy Bar but the source was the head Alchemy bartender.

Most probably it will be done during the 2 week dry dock.

Magic is listed as coming soon for Guys and Cantina when you go to Carnivals website, click explore, then eats, then on guys and cantina. Also under bars it lists coming soon to Magic for alchemy, rum bar and tequila bar.

It doesn't give dates but I would presume drydock since some construction involved. But since alchemy bartenders seem more unique, who knows, they may have to wait a few weeks to open.

All I know is Magic should have ALL my favorites by time we cruise!😀