Sail Away Flags

KarenandPaul

[quote name=Sanjam cruisers;48139530

And it is quite possible to hold two flags and a drink at the same time' date=' Ihave done it numerous times.[/quote]

I'd love to see that, Sanjam. When is your next cruise?

No Samjam, our trip to the other side was lovely, but we are P&O at heart and look forward to our next cruise (5 nights) over the New Year on Aurora to Hamburg and then 14 nights to Iceland in June on Azura.

Just to fill in the time before these, I am going with my daughter for a weekend away on Oceana to the inevitable Zeebrugge - a quality time away and sampling another of the ships in the fleet. I'll practise holding two flags and a glass then at the Great British Sailaway as our daughters were born in Wales ;) (Probably inside The Crow's Nest though rather than out on deck like you as the weather may not be as warm as where you are going to)

Edited by Scriv

So what happens on a world cruise? are there "normal sailways" at every port and the GBS just before you get back to Southampton? Or do they have one at the various ports where folk are embarking and disemabarking along the way, only sailing part of the cruise? Again will you notice if I bring a New Zealand flag or would that be considered a no goer? Wouldn't want to offend anybody.

I am not speaking about world cruises about which I know nothing, but about the Sailaways in general.

I think your flag would be noticed but all in the party fun and in a welcoming spirit and welcoming your flag to the others. I have heard them announce the nationalities on board and a cheer given to all the different people.

It's an inclusive event, not an exclusive one and I am sure you would be giving no offence to anyone at all. I'd go for it.

Edited by Scriv

Everyone is entitled to an opinion including you and me.

Its nothing to do with being PC. If you have seen British people standing at the side of a ship waving their arms like an aeroplane at a German ship and think that's acceptable then you want to think again.

As you said everyone is entitled to an opinion I have given mine !!!