To upgrade or not??? Thoughts ?

landlady1952

We are booked in Breakaway for Thanksgiving week in a balcony. Received. Email to upgrade to Haven for $750 a person for lowest Haven Cabin. Price increases to upgrade for bigger Haven cabins.

When I called I inquired as to whether I would be entitled to all the extras that go along with Haven cabins such as Dining Package, Beverage package etc and was told no.

For anyone who has done upgrades before... Is that true ? Not sure what to do... Have never stayed in Haven before but not sure I want to pay $1500 more.

Lots if Haven cabins left so might wait a bit and call back. Would upgrade price change as it gets closer to sailing date?

Thoughts.....anyone?

We are booked in Breakaway for Thanksgiving week in a balcony. Received. Email to upgrade to Haven for $750 a person for lowest Haven Cabin. Price increases to upgrade for bigger Haven cabins.

When I called I inquired as to whether I would be entitled to all the extras that go along with Haven cabins such as Dining Package, Beverage package etc and was told no.

For anyone who has done upgrades before... Is that true ? Not sure what to do... Have never stayed in Haven before but not sure I want to pay $1500 more.

Lots if Haven cabins left so might wait a bit and call back. Would upgrade price change as it gets closer to sailing date?

Thoughts.....anyone?

Correct. You maintain the Freestyle promotions of your original cabin class at the time you booked.

You will have access to the Haven Diningroom for 3 meals a day, if you choose. And all of the benefits of being in the Havens. The upsell is a good price. I would grab it quick. Will only last a few days.

Thoughts.....anyone?

I was given the $750 upgrade price at one week from departure. At five days, that price went to $600...so, yes, it goes down as you approach your departure date. You can also call and offer a lower amount...and they might accept or counter.

Have a fun cruise!

We received a similar offer for our11/8 BA cruise. 1st offer was for $750pp but the 2nd offer was $500pp not $600 like yours. I did call and inquire about the extra perks and was told the same thing......you keep whatever promo you received when you originally booked and that you do NOT get the additional perks with the new upsell offer.

I'll go against the majority here and say no, I would not take it at that price. We just had the Haven experience for the first time on our last cruise and while it was nice it was certainly not worth $700/ person, unless you were to get the other perks being offered. $100/ person/ day just to have a butler bring you some treats and eat in the Haven restaurant? While the food was better than the MDR it wasn't THAT much better!

Now, if they drop the price closer to sailing than I would consider it but only if I had money that I did not want to use on excursions or whatever...but that's just me.

I'll go against the majority here and say no, I would not take it at that price. We just had the Haven experience for the first time on our last cruise and while it was nice it was certainly not worth $700/ person, unless you were to get the other perks being offered. $100/ person/ day just to have a butler bring you some treats and eat in the Haven restaurant? While the food was better than the MDR it wasn't THAT much better!

Now, if they drop the price closer to sailing than I would consider it but only if I had money that I did not want to use on excursions or whatever...but that's just me.

We thought it made that giant ship enjoyable

image.jpg.663e9f371dbb3ff2ad9cca1433dc85b2.jpg