Escape Dress question

sandian

Hello we are packing for the Escape Maiden on Thursday and debating on dress code. we know it is resort casual but love dressing up, will we be the one and only in long dress and bow ties?

Super excited

No, but you will be in a very, very small minority. Many more jeans/docker and polo shirts, and women in pants suits/jeans than those that are dressed up to the nines. Many seem to dress for a Captains picture in the Atrium and then change before dining. Your choice every night. Resort casual is very casual on board.

These days, especially if your flying. Tuxedos, suits, gowns. Are so bulky. And the added expense of checking in bags, really puts the breaks on lugging formal attire onto a cruise.

NCL, is very, very casual. However, if you guys want to dress up to the nines. Go for it.

Personally my food tastes the same weather I'm in shorts or a formal suit.

Thank you both, really new the answer but needed confirmation re Hubby as he loves to get use of his dressy clothes. We do not overdress my long dresses are not ball gowns just normal evening dresses Hubby does have a fancy white shirt that he wears a bow tie with but will try to leave this behind.

Hello we are packing for the Escape Maiden on Thursday and debating on dress code. we know it is resort casual but love dressing up, will we be the one and only in long dress and bow ties?

Super excited

I always feel pack a suit. And since you are on a longer TA, there will be ample opportunities to dress for the evening. Lots of suits. Not so many tux on NCL any more.

No, but you will be in a very, very small minority. Many more jeans/docker and polo shirts, and women in pants suits/jeans than those that are dressed up to the nines. Many seem to dress for a Captains picture in the Atrium and then change before dining. Your choice every night. Resort casual is very casual on board.

I agree, when I'm on vacation I don't want to have to be made to feel like a penguin lol.

From the pictures it seems like some parts of the Escape do have a little more formal feel than even the GA/BA ships. We won't do full tuxes but I will probably bring at least one or two more casual suits to have some options. I don't feel like it would be out of place.

These days, especially if your flying. Tuxedos, suits, gowns. Are so bulky. And the added expense of checking in bags, really puts the breaks on lugging formal attire onto a cruise.

NCL, is very, very casual. However, if you guys want to dress up to the nines. Go for it.

Personally my food tastes the same weather I'm in shorts or a formal suit.

I feel like there's got to be a business opportunity here. NCL could let you ship your formalwear ahead of time, they'll have it dry cleaned and ready in your cabin and then ship it back when the cruise is over. Probably still cheaper than having to check it for flights and worry about it getting damaged/lost/stolen by airport personnel.

Thank you both, really new the answer but needed confirmation re Hubby as he loves to get use of his dressy clothes. We do not overdress my long dresses are not ball gowns just normal evening dresses Hubby does have a fancy white shirt that he wears a bow tie with but will try to leave this behind.

I don't understand what you are asking?? If you enjoy dressing up for the evening go right ahead. There's no way to know what other people will do or how many will dress up or not. I mean, if you like certain clothing, take it. That's what I do on cruises; if there are certain clothes I want to wear I bring them. I don't really concern myself with what others may or may not wear.