Unspent Funship Dollars

texas greeneyes

I used shipboard credit for my cruise, so I actually did not have the fun ship dollars. I would imagine that when you board the ship you give them your fun ship dollars & they credit that amount to your S&S card. If there is anything left over at the end you will receive a check under your door on the last morning..

Texas green eyes--technically, you are supposed to send in the Funship Dollars at least two weeks before the cruise to get them credited to your shipboard account. Other folks have reported that you can just turn them in at the Pursers office onboard, but if you have the time, it might be better to send them in.

Once the money goes in your onboard account, use it as you please, if there is any left over, it will be refunded to you. The only time I have heard of refunds not working is when the cruise line gives an onboard credit as an incentive, that does not get used, they do not give you cash back. 99% of the time the credits like this are small compared to the total charges, so they get used up. Any money you put in, in the form of Funship dollars or prepay, is all yours, so you do get it back.

I gave and received "funship" dollars for Christmas presents and no one had any problems with having them applied to their account. In fact, my BIL completely forgot about his until the last day. He just went to the purser's desk and had them applied to his account.

I have read on other threads that you will get a check back if not all used and I have also read they will cash the check. Unfortunately for us... we used them all. But I must say we had a fine time doing so.

I just ordered a funship coupon. Will I recieve it in the mail??I have never used them before. I am trying to pre-pay as much as possible to save on the shock of the s/s at the end of the cruise.

I have already ordered drink coupons too!!!!!!

Barbara

We got ours in the mail along with an e-mail from Carnival when they were sent telling us that we did not have to mail them in advance but that it was perfectly ok to bring them onboard with us. You just need to take them to the purser's desk and have them applied to your account.

You will receive a check under your cabin door for any left over money in your sign and sail account on the last night

This is true even if you originally bought the funship dollars with a credit card? We want to prepay as much as possible because we're trying to earn points on a credit card, but I'm a little paranoid because Carnival's web site says funship dollars can't be redeemed for cash. I would assume this means you can't just return funship dollars and that different rules apply for $$ left over on your S&S account, but you know what they say about assuming things. . . .

Texas green eyes--technically, you are supposed to send in the Funship Dollars at least two weeks before the cruise to get them credited to your shipboard account.

The policy offically changed in July.

The new funship dollars ( once they use up thje old ones ) say that if you plan to use them on an upcoming cruise that you should put your information on them and take them to the purser one your first cruise day.

This has been an acceptabe practice that CCL finally got around to printing.

I got this from the front office at CCL.

I had $475.00 left over on my sign and sail acct... So rather than wait for the check under the door - I went to the information desk and just closed out my card acct the night before then end of cruise - She happily gave me the cash back

Archived