Live blog From Anthem of the Seas Transatlantic

That doesn't sound good.

Don't think it's the Anthem though as the post mentions the boat has been sailing for 5 years. It could possibly be the Allure as this is also doing a transatlantic at the moment?

You are probably right. My bad! I'll remote it.

Edited by mariemorgan

We have a booked a cruise on Anthem and have a 7th floor room. I was wonder that since the 6th floor room are blocked by the life boats' date=' do the 7th floor rooms have an obstructed view looking down to the ocean?

Thanks again for all the great updates and pictures, I am making notes of your comments on items that I feel are important for us to remember.[/quote']

Cruisin Ya-Ya,

We were on Quantum earlier this year and are also booked in a 7th floor balcony stateroom on a future Anthem cruise. It doesn't matter what floor you are on. If you are above lifeboats and look down from the balcony, be it the 7th floor or higher, the view to the bottom of the ship is blocked due to the position of the lifeboats. They stick out the side. Hope that answers your question.

Really enjoying your review. So informative. We sailed Quantum last December and have the Anthem booked. So many things ring true. I do hope your weather improves and that when NJ based the Anthem gets its act together. It is going to be a NY/NJ based RC ship....the only choice and WE are known to be very particular and have high expectations. Enjoy your cruise and thanks again for doing a wonderful review. Vicki

So this afternoon we had planned to go rock climbing and to bumper cars. Unfortunately rock climbing was cancelled again due to winds, although that meant we got to bumper cars around 30 minutes early which worked well as the queue was already lengthy.

By the time it started the queue was pretty much all the way round the Seaplex.

There was a surprise visitor at the start:

e98acb124061a8f3181ebee62c3df9ee.jpg

Shrek was throwing some shapes to Gangnam Style and then was available for photos

b8b8f66c6e753d91e3ce2ae8c9eee63c.jpg

You got 3 minutes on the cars and they very much encouraged bumping. The first few sets of people were quite tame so they encouraged trueness to target one person to liven up. I would say the group we were on with were quite keen on bumping each other.

Children under 5 are not allowed on the cars, 5,6 and 7 year olds were only allowed on as a passenger with a parent and 8 year olds and above were allowed their own car. This was checked from Sea Pass cards.

fe88076b0b3c17be6e4d4c82a3266719.jpg

87da4cad8bc00153102be1142a193a11.jpg

2ed1628c776c279ca83288b97915514f.jpg

Ok, so further to my previous post we have checked. The premium package does not include alcoholic cocktails. The only package that includes these is the ultimate which we have.

However there would be nothing stopping you getting a coffee from one of the many free locations then getting a brandy etc. From the bar

We were on 11th Oct 13 night cruise and we had the Premium Package and it did include alcoholic cocktails.

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/why-cruise/onboard-experience/dazzling-entertainment/drinks/

I believe that was a typo regarding the alcoholic coffee drinks priced at 10.50 on one of the earlier posts. OP is saying they were not included in premium. Are you saying they are?

Hi sorry yes, was a typo. Premium does not include alcoholic Coffees, it would include alcoholic cocktails.

I read on another page that you can bring an HDMI cable to hook up a camcorder to the TV. The TV pulls away from the wall. Good for us, we will bring our old videos to watch thru camcorder in lieu of boring TV. We are not nite people and will be in our room after dinner.

Edited by Cruisin' Ya Ya

If you aren't sick of helping us yet, can you confirm the 5 and up rule apies now to all stapled events like number cars, trapeze, roller skating, rock wall? It seems it used to be 6 yrs old. Is the new requirement of 5 and up listed anywhere?

Also, how about flow rider? Still height-based?

Could you please post a picture of the in room dining Breakfast menu? When cruising we like to have breakfast while lounging around the room in the morning. Slow starters is an understatement!

Thanks so much for doing this! I am so excited.......

Hi

Here is the room service menu

62e9f4cf90297a52f939d2f714bb7659.jpg

1cf06f9b4f4c14935ea20ee44dc8574e.jpg

535674c1b643cc2e103db71b20fbee47.jpg

fbf54a9235e2229dadcc61e9debde4bb.jpg

4285d336f3d14f37326fb607e9856825.jpg

f69d26fd800f1931ea2db32f1ed09ea9.jpg

One poster had asked how close tables are together. The answer is very in some cases, both our table at American Icon and tonight in Silk are within inches of each other

9ea588a537e142e246c858e7586667f2.jpg

We have noticed they are encouraging people to share tables when there are 2 of you and tonight we were asked if we were happy to share rather than if we wanted to. We politely declined and advised our preference was a table for 2

If there are any costume characters walking around then I will get a picture with them as that would be the only opportunity that I would get for who knows how long! I did it in New York with some sesame street characters way back about seven years ago and I knew that that was the only time to do it as that show is not listed any more. Things change constantly in time square and shows replace each other constanly

If there are any costume characters walking around then I will get a picture with them as that would be the only opportunity that I would get for who knows how long! I did it in New York with some sesame street characters way back about seven years ago and I knew that that was the only time to do it as that show is not listed any more. Things change constantly in time square and shows replace each other constanly

Are you talking about the ratty, unauthorized dirty costumed characters in Time Square, NYC? Well, yes, of course they change constantly because they are on the move from police. Do yourself a favor and stay far away from the ones you see in Times Square. Ick!

One poster had asked how close tables are together. The answer is very in some cases, both our table at American Icon and tonight in Silk are within inches of each other

We have noticed they are encouraging people to share tables when there are 2 of you and tonight we were asked if we were happy to share rather than if we wanted to. We politely declined and advised our preference was a table for 2

They may be short of tables and that is why they asked if you would like to share. On another note you may have missed out on an opportunity to make life long friends with people you never knew you could enjoy time with in a cruise setting. But to each his own and that is not your preference obviously, so be it. Just my opinion and no offense. I love meeting new people and have precious members of those I meet and still cruise with those new people I met tilt his day! Love meeting new people as that is why i cruise even.

Wow that's a bit close for comfort! Don't talk about anything scandalous or trashy! You're neighbors will get an earful. Thanks for all the great pics and info. It's sooo helpful.

Escape the Future - Puzzle Break

Earlier today we did the escape room. We had booked this via the IQ app once onboard.

I'm not going to go into too much detail as I don't want to spoil it, but basically you have an hour to solve the clues and escape the room.

In case your claustrophobic, there is no need to feel trapped. The room is only locked in a virtual sense rather than a physical one so you can leave at any time.

You can take drinks into the room with you and there is a Coke Freestyle machine in the room as well.

There was about 16 people in our group and they can play with up to 24. Our group had mixed ages with children upwards. The kids we're actually really good at it.

We managed to complete with 13 minutes to spare in the end.