What is happening with Solstice in February 2016?

elena7seas

The Celebrity website isn't showing any cruises on the Solstice from February 2nd, 2016 to March 3, 2016.

Does anyone know what is happening with the Solstice during that period?

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks.

According to Arno's chart, it is just actually sold out for the last part of the month. Only 2 sailings a short and a long that month. The Feb 14-Mar 4 cruise is sold out. But the prior cruise may be open, 12 night Sydney to Perth, unless now it is sold out since he made the chart.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47951553&postcount=68

According to Arno's chart, it is just actually sold out for the last part of the month. Only 2 sailings a short and a long that month. The Feb 14-Mar 4 cruise is sold out. But the prior cruise may be open, 12 night Sydney to Perth, unless now it is sold out since he made the chart.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47951553&postcount=68

Thanks for posting, Curt. I forgot about Arno's chart. It is so helpful. Thanks Arno, you are a ROCK STAR!

I called in to Celebrity and they told me that both cruises are "Code Red" but couldn't say if they were sold out or not, just that they aren't booking these cruises at present.

I know we all talk about Celebrity's web site short comings and I think this is another to add to the list.

When my Princess cruise was sold out, it simply showed SOLD OUT in all the columns. Same with my HAL cruises. But when both my Celebrity cruises sold out they disappeared off the web site. First time that happened I freaked out. In the end, especially with the popular Solstice Top End cruise, it just appeared and disappeared when the mood took them (or cabins suddenly became available).

I don't know why Celebrity cannot do the same as Princess and HAL, it couldn't be that hard.

I know we all talk about Celebrity's web site short comings and I think this is another to add to the list.

When my Princess cruise was sold out, it simply showed SOLD OUT in all the columns. Same with my HAL cruises. But when both my Celebrity cruises sold out they disappeared off the web site. First time that happened I freaked out. In the end, especially with the popular Solstice Top End cruise, it just appeared and disappeared when the mood took them (or cabins suddenly became available).

I don't know why Celebrity cannot do the same as Princess and HAL, it couldn't be that hard.

I tend to agree with you. It would be much more straightforward if the cruise showed "sold out" instead of just having it disappear altogether. Plus, it would be a good message for Celebrity to send prospective cruisers...."don't wait until the last minute to book, if getting on a particular cruise is important to you, because it may sell out."

Looking at the German website, both those cruises are listed as sold out. And I agree, why can't Celebrity just say that?

As I said in a previous post, we are booked on the 2/2/16 sailing and our final payment is due later in November, so maybe it will be back on the X site with some available cabins after that.

Edited by emilygrace

I tend to agree with you. It would be much more straightforward if the cruise showed "sold out" instead of just having it disappear altogether. Plus, it would be a good message for Celebrity to send prospective cruisers...."don't wait until the last minute to book, if getting on a particular cruise is important to you, because it may sell out."

The same thing when checking availability of cabins...doesn't say "sold out", it's simply not shown on the website screen. For example, if you even checked the Sandals Resort website, rooms that are sold out, are displayed as "sold out". This is a simple website software code change.

Same on the Princess web site, when you do a booking it takes you to a deck plan showing where the cabins are and those that are sold show SOLD. Very neat and tidy, you could look for a cabin knowing what was available and what wasn't.

We often critique which cruise line has the best this that or the other. After working with Celebrity, HAL, Princess and P&O Australia, the Princess web site stands out head and shoulders above the others. Very user friendly.

Mind you a web site does not make a cruise line, but as the first port of call (no pun intended) for prospective first time cruisers that initial impression can be everything.