NCL Ships/Itineraries - Need Old-Timers' Help Please! :)

pcakes122

Hoping someone with a good memory can help me remember where I've been LOL

Cleaning out closets I happened across an old checkbook from 2001. Was glancing through it (noticing I still spend too much money on the same stuff lol) and saw that I paid "onboard charges" to NCL on 5/27/2001. For what cruise I am not really sure - but it's not in my Latitudes cruise history. I know it was to the Bahamas, and I'm pretty sure it was out of NY.

I want to contact Latitudes to see if they can find it, but I think I went through this with Celebrity once and they asked for photos of me on the ship, etc. which I don't have. I also doubt my bank has copies of statements that are 14 years old.

So, I'm thinking if I at least know what ship I was on (LOL) Latitudes could track it that way? I have the exact amount of my charges, but that's about it.

Anybody have any clue where I went? (Seriously it is sad that I don't remember!! I'm not even old enough to claim a "senior moment!")

It's hard enough to get a response from Latitudes even when you have ALL the info, so I'm hoping I can get some help filling in some blanks.

Thanks!

Patti :)

Latitudes will not track it for you. They want proof, i.e. ticket, pictures on board, old card key etc. We provides several pieces of documentation and had no problem. But they have no/minimal records of the "old" cruises. Ours was in 1986 and we received credit for the cruise.

Here's what I found from a May 2000 NCL press release:

M/S Norwegian Sea -- Beginning in January 2001, Norwegian Sea will offer

alternating three- and four-day Bahamas itineraries round-trip from Miami

through April 27. Norwegian Sea will then reposition to New York to offer a

series of four seven-day Bahamas itineraries, followed by 15 New England and

five Canada/New England cruises. A 15-day Colonial America cruise on

October 21 will reposition the ship back to Miami, where the three- and

four-day itineraries will resume.

So... if it was Bahamas and New York in May of 2001.... it had to be NCL Sea...

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/norwegian-cruise-line-announces-global-2001-itineraries-73114672.html

Here's what I found from a May 2000 NCL press release:

M/S Norwegian Sea -- Beginning in January 2001, Norwegian Sea will offer

alternating three- and four-day Bahamas itineraries round-trip from Miami

through April 27. Norwegian Sea will then reposition to New York to offer a

series of four seven-day Bahamas itineraries, followed by 15 New England and

five Canada/New England cruises. A 15-day Colonial America cruise on

October 21 will reposition the ship back to Miami, where the three- and

four-day itineraries will resume.

So... if it was Bahamas and New York in May of 2001.... it had to be NCL Sea...

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/norwegian-cruise-line-announces-global-2001-itineraries-73114672.html

That's the same information I found:D I just didn't know how to forward it like you did.

You are all awesome - thanks so much!! It definitely was the Norwegian Sea! With the info you provided and the info I had (date of final charges), I was able to determine it had to be the May 20, 2001 sailing of the Sea.

I then went back through old photos - even though I have never been one to take pictures of myself, I always do take scenery photos! I didn't have high hopes that I would find any since I've moved twice since then...but yay! I found a couple of old shots of the "Out Island" and this one of my chair on a sun deck:

22387240609_9945ff72bb_z.jpg

To make sure these pics were from the NCL Sea, I did some detective work of my own. The Sea is now the SuperStar Libra operated by Star Cruises. Here is a pic from their website of the Sun Deck. Same railings - yay!

22573923945_138f679187_z.jpg

And then, eureka! A pic of the ship I took from the "Out Island"!

21951329514_bd91f89883_z.jpg

I just sent the info I had about my sailing along with the detail of my final charges and a few pics to Latitudes. Wish me luck! :)

Thanks everyone for your help!! :)

Patti

(P.S. There's also a long weekend in Mexico in '89 that's a complete blank, but I've given up on trying to fill in those blanks! LOL J/K!)

Edited by pcakes122