Ride to Port Everglades from home in Florida question

Doc2725

Hi All,

We will need a ride to the cruise ship terminal from our house in Pembroke Pines, FL. It is about a 25-30 min ride. There are 4 of us, and we each have a large suitcase. Can anyone advise a reasonably priced shuttle service or ride service that will pick us up and drop us off there. Thank you!

There is the Fort Lauderdale Airport Shuttle.

And we have used A1A limo out of Boca Raton and Royal (Elliot 561-809-8873)

Will the airport shuttle pick us up at our house, and bring us to the cruise terminal even if we are not at the airport at any point? Also, around how much did A1A limo cost? We'd like to keep it around $100.

UberXL is what I've used before for 4 people and luggage.

Uber is bring UberSUV and UberLUX to SoFla starting tomorrow.

I wasn't sure if it was available in SoFlo yet. How much do you think it would run us?

If you go to http://www.Uber.com and click Miami (it covers SoFla) there is a trip cost estimator.

If you never used Uber before I can share my signup code and we both get $20 off the next trip.

Uber was banned in Broward from June to October but they are back now. I cancelled business trips to Broward including cruises until the city unbanned them. I also convinced a few of my competitors to do the same -- and notify the county and cities that their restraint would be a financial pain.

Uber is amazing and I use it daily. I even sold my cars!

I have used it before, and I agree, it's great. I live in update NY (my parents house is in FL), and we don't have it. Uber and Lyft want to come up here, but laws prevent them. However, that should be changed within the next year as there is a heavy movement by the people to have it legalized. Taxi service is so so so very bad. Drivers not showing up, taking 2 hours, making up prices, eating while driving, smoking, dirty cars, attacking customers. It's truly terrible. Anyway, thank you so much for your help.

I just did the estimate, looks to be about the same, which is fine. I've used it before, so I can't again use a first time rider promo code. One of my friends can though. Also, I might use Lyft as there is a $30 promo code available for first time riders, and I have never used Lyft before. There are 4 of us, each with a large piece of luggage, so we'll need the bigger car.

This is going to the cruise terminal, not from.

Edited by Doc2725
Add

I actually told a friend to use Uber to get to the emergency room (not life threatening). They came in 2 minutes and the ride was $12.

I literally saved $16,000 in 2014 thanks to Uber over car ownership -- it changed my life in every way. I walk more, take a bus when time allows, ride my bike 100 times a year versus 6, and am healthier and fitter because of it.

Plus no more of this "can you do _________ for me?" garbage from friends and family. Owning no car = more freedom than I ever thought possible!

I compared it to some of the ride/shuttle services. $300-$400 for one hour, are you kidding me?! The days of price gouging are over.