Is there a way to change you PVP?

SurfCat

My personal vacation planner changed. The new one is never available and doesn't return phone calls.

The last one was wonderful and we knew each other by first name.

I'd like to get a different PVP, and was wondering if anyone else has done this.

I never use the same one twice. I just call and get routed to whoever is free. Once the booking is complete, I don't really have a need to speak with them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to think that I would never have to speak with them again, but this trip we have had several issues come up and it has been great to have a PVP that I could call with questions and to get issues straightened out.

We had our first PVP for 5 years and she booked several cruises for us. As someone else mentioned, we were on a first name basis. Having a PVP that you've known for a while will get you perks that may not be typically offered. PVP's have discretionary funds that they can offer to special clients that show up as on board ship credits, room upgrades, discounts to private welcome receptions, etc.

Sadly, mine got married and left the business, but before she left, she put me in the hands of another PVP and she's been great so far.

In the end, you are the customer, and if you're not happy with the service, you certainly have the right to request another PVP, Hopefully you find one you like. They can be a great resource for you.

I had to send an email saying that I didn't want to use my current PVP and that I'd like to start using XXXX . The only thing was that my current booking, made with the old PVP does not transfer to the new PVP... After that, all of my future bookings went to the new PVP ... And if he leaves, I might have to too... Luv my new PVP... I got lucky with this one.. calls me to tell us when we have any promos from Carnival and even calls when we get home to see how our cruise was...

I recently did this. Called Carnival and asked for a new PVP. They routed me to a PVP supervisor and I had to explain why I wanted a new one. There actually was not a specific reason why I wanted the change- just felt we weren't a good match. He was very 'pushy car salesman'. And then he would argue with me about my choices. I felt uncomfortable. I wanted to change quietly but the supervisor explained that the original PVP would be notified of my request. But they gave me a GREAT replacement. She is truly a star. Makes a big difference- do it.

Once the booking is complete, I don't really have a need to speak with them again.

I used to think the same until we were assigned next to a cabin with a connecting door who's occupant was on here telling one and all what a party week they had planned in their room. After sharing her cabin number on Cruise Critic and saying they were stringing lights all along the railing and around the door frame of their balcony, music blasting, etc. just three days before the cruise I asked our PVP to move us to a quiet location on the ship far from this person who foolishly gave out their cabin number. The PVP became our advocate and while we didn't know if we would be reassigned until we arrived at the port it was a relief to receive the phone call from our PVP as we were pulling into the parking garage, saying that we had been moved to a new cabin. This is an example of how a good PVP will work on your behalf with Carnival.

I have way too many questions not to have a PVP that I like and knows my preferences.

The first one, wouldn't return calls or answer questions, he didn't want to be bothered unless you were booking.

My new one was referred to me from some one on these boards, but I had to email them to get it.