Inside Cabin- help me make it comfortable

apkpcruisers

Would a couple extra glasses of wine help just after dinner. Seems like it would get you relaxed and a good nights sleep.:D

Now you're talkin'! My first cruise is coming up soon, and I'm excited about my inside cabin. I think it'll be cozy and fun, as long as the ship doesn't suddenly rock 45 deg! LOL - I doubt that'll happen. If it does, I'll be walking on the ceiling like Fred Astaire! As long as I wake up each morning, I'll be fine...

We don't know what ship OP has booked but IMO , I would not lock in a particular Inside Cabin , but instead book an "Inside Guarantee" if available.

At least there is some "hope" for upgrade to "daylight".

Midship is very important for me as I get sea sick. Also, we vowed to NEVER book guarantee again after being placed on the back of the ship over what I am guessing was the anchors. The room vibrated so much we thought someone had put quarters in the bed several time a day. :D

Also, I am sailing on the NCL Jewel and the horrible cabin on the back of the ship was on Carnival. We were once upgraded on Royal Caribbean from an oceanview to a balcony when we chose an assigned cabin #. You just never know!

i have a few cruises under my belt and only one time did I book an OV..i hated it..too bright...we are INSIDE CABIN ONLY.. love every minute of it..we are only in the cabin to sleep and shower..I go on a cruise to be hands on, either reading out in the fresh air, or chatting with the most interesting people , we have met people from all over the world and love it..

But we are retired and look forward to this once a year cruise...and are not there for the solitude of some people that just want to get away from it all..

Either way...just enjoy and make the best of it,,,Please do not go with a negative attitude...think positive at all time..

Go into it expecting to have a great time and you will, attitude is everything!! Of course balconies are great and I enjoy gem when I have one, but for a cheap "extra" vacation I do not mind inside rooms at all. I agree that putting the beds in twin configuration does make the room seem much larger. My mom and I have done that a couple of times for a cheap girls trip. Explore the ship and find all the great spots outside your room :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We like inside fine. How much time do you spend in your cabin anyway? Resolve to spend more out and around the ship - many nice places to hang out. Plus, you are getting the same food, entertainment, and ports as people who paid much more. Enjoy! We do!

We have taken some 35 cruises, and I buy them the way I buy stocks. Price and itinerary are the determinants. The most important thing about cabins, IMO, is their size. Buy cheap.

Years ago, Hawaiidan used to post here. On a trans-Atlantic he tutored me in the basics of cabin selection. He had developed economic models that showed that anything beyond insides profited mostly the cruise line since everyone had the same entertainment and food. On that trip we both happened stay in inside Js on the Nieuw Amsterdam. Those Js, but only on the Main deck, are huge.

On Carnival Miracle, Legend and Pride type ships we prefer 4K, a obstructed OV with openable french doors which are sold at inside prices. The fact that we have no or debatable view matters not at all; the room itself is spacious and well laid out.

I see little value in OVs. If pricing is attractive, I buy balconies and junior suites, but only if the itinerary and price warrant. For instance, I see little use for a balcony cabin on the LA/San Diego/San Francisco runs to Hawaii; it's too chilly and gets too little use to justify the price difference.

Recently I canceled a sunset aft-balcony on an April 2017 cruise on Celebrity Equinox, and rebooked a lower balcony category. The reason: I deemed that the aft balcony was too small to be enjoyable. Found a bigger balcony and went with it. Saved money.

Next year's Christmas and New Year's we plan to spend on the Norwegian Sun in South America. Buenos Aires to Rio, a very port-intensive itinerary.

I found a cheap larger inside cabin and booked it. Since we are in port so many days, a balcony cabin would not justify the relatively high cost.

Just my 2 cents.

• 1 month later...
Midship is very important for me as I get sea sick. Also, we vowed to NEVER book guarantee again after being placed on the back of the ship over what I am guessing was the anchors. The room vibrated so much we thought someone had put quarters in the bed several time a day. :D

Also, I am sailing on the NCL Jewel and the horrible cabin on the back of the ship was on Carnival. We were once upgraded on Royal Caribbean from an oceanview to a balcony when we chose an assigned cabin #. You just never know!

That's cool about the upgrade! How does that work btw? Was it complimentary?

WE have had inside cabins with an ocean view! How? Don't know ship or when but I took a picture of a white port hole on a black wall. Out of the port hole was the ocean, a very blue sky with some white clouds.

I had the picture made into poster size. It goes on the wall if we have an inside cabin. Every morning we get up to a beautiful day! We put it in where a window would be- the spot where they have a curtain.

Have had people who think its a real window and can't figure how it's an inside cabin.

WE always left the bathroom light on even if we closed the door.

I have never stayed in an inside cabin, but have been tempted to book one many times. I have read it's the best night's sleep you will ever get! Just can't convince the hubby to try it ;) he loves his balcony.

Edited by Daenerys T

That's cool about the upgrade! How does that work btw? Was it complimentary?

Don't let the primary reason you're booking a Guarantee room to be that you're expecting to be upgraded. Though it does happen from time to time the majority of the time you get exactly what you booked ..... a cabin in the category that you booked as a guarantee.