Viking Crown Lounge

copi2boys

Does anyone know if the Viking Lounge is still on Freedom? It was still on Independence last summer and we are now thinking of doing Freedom this summer.

Yes, Viking Crown lounge is still on Freedom, and open to all guests.

My understanding is VCL Will No Longer be Part of OASIS Class

& Was Not Part of Quantum Class

By Autumn 2020 there will be 9 ships in the Fleet that have NO VCL

OASIS CLASS = 4

QUANTUM CLASS = 5

I love the VCL, and almost every morning early that is where my DH and I bring our morning coffee. And at Skywalkers on Princess, and did all our whale watching on HAL ( i forget what their top bar was called)

I'm saying the spaces are utilized at other times of the day too, and I would be sorry to see them go.

• 2 months later...
It's not you per se. It's that to give you more, Royal is taking away things that were available to all. Most non-suiters are probably OK with you getting more as long as it doesn't mean we're getting less. When it does, then it's a problem. Good example: the new suites-only sun deck/lounge/bar above the Solarium on Oasis class. More for you, not less for me, winner winner. Unlike the Viking Crown, a signature feature, which used to be available to 5000+ guests, now limited to what, 200? Shameful.

Ditto...

We have sailed on the Oasis and Allure before the conversion many times and never witnessed the Viking Crown being used by many people.

We have also sailed on them since the conversion and the Coastal Kitchen was always busy at meal times and the Suites Lounge was full every evening.

Much better use of the space now than before.

(Chef's Table is up there now and can be used by anyone who books it.)

Edited by beachnative

The VCL is our absolute favourite place to go after dinner. We love the vibe and the fact that it is adults only after 10pm(well it was on our cruises!). We would certainly miss it if we sailed on a ship without one. By 10pm last year on Explorer the place was packed to the rafters!