view shore excursions

Cruizann

My DH and I are looking for a carribean cruise this winter and we will book a shore excursion at each port. I notice that the heading view shore excursions is absent and so it is impossible to obtain the cost of the excursion, which is part of the price of the cruise. I am hoping that this is a temporary situation.

Could anyone shed any light on this please.

If you have not yet booked a cruise, you will not get excursions, nor excursion prices.

If you go to the HAL website, click on the Excursions tab, and the general area, you get some ideas on excursions. And there is usually a general idea on price. But as not every excursion is available every visit by a HAL ship, until you are booked, and the excursions are set for your cruise, specific prices are not visible.

I was just checking this, and the website is very clunky right now. Try again tomorrow.

The prices are really not that different from the other cruise lines. I can't recall any of the sites letting me see that kind of information before booking. What type of activities are you looking for? I stopped booking cruise excursions years ago and went the independent route, we get a lot more for our money that way. Typically I plan about $150 for 2 people per port, but I also tend to go completely private on tours which can cost a bit more.

Edited by sherilyn70

If you have not yet booked a cruise, you will not get excursions, nor excursion prices.
I can't recall any of the sites letting me see that kind of information before booking.

Start a booking using Chrome or Firefox, not IE or Edge. When you get to the page with the itinerary and map, click on the VIEW SHORE EXCURSIONS blue button above the Day and Date columns. In a few seconds you will download a pdf showing all excursions with exact prices.

OP: I just tried it, and there appears to be a change in the site. Now when you see the initial "Key Ports" page you must click the Itinerary tab to get the page with the VIEW SHORE EXCURSIONS button.

Edited by jtl513

You can only get a 'feel' for price based on number of $'s shown on the general excursions part of the site. To see actual costs for your specific cruise once you book, you will need to log into your account, then go to my reservations, then purchase, then shore excursions.

Edited by take us away

You can only get a 'feel' for price based on number of $'s shown on the general excursions part of the site. To see actual costs for your specific cruise once you book, you will need to log into your account, then go to my reservations, then purchase, then shore excursions.
NOT true. As I explained in posts 4 & 5, you can get a pdf brochure with exact prices on any cruise in the next 6 months or so.

For example, CLICK HERE for the Westerdam cruise on 2/13/16 (which I am not booked on) using a browser other than Edge or IE

Edited by jtl513

NOT true. As I explained in posts 4 & 5, you can get a pdf brochure with exact prices on any cruise in the next 6 months or so.

For example, CLICK HERE for the Westerdam cruise on 2/13/16 (which I am not booked on) using a browser other than Edge or IE

I''m using firefox, and I played with this a bit last night. Sometimes I got the pdf, sometimes I didn't. Could be whether HAL had loaded it yet for some of the cruises.

Cruizann, if you can't find the pdf for the cruise you are thinking of booking, try some other similar cruises that sail sooner. Not a guarantee that the list will be exactly the same, especially if port times are different, but the prices should be the same.

Good tip. Thanks! It works in IE/Edge for me, but I think it's because I granted "trust" to the Holland America domain.

Can you tell me what page you were on BEFORE you got the PDF page? Is it something other than a dot action page? (Hope so.)

Can you tell me what page you were on BEFORE you got the PDF page? Is it something other than a dot action page? (Hope so.)
On THIS PAGE I clicked the Itinerary tab and then on THIS PAGE I clicked VIEW SHORE EXCURSIONS blue button.

p.s. - I've noticed that for some cruises when you click the DETAILS button you go directly to the Itinerary page, and on others you get the Key Ports page first.

Edited by jtl513

On THIS PAGE I clicked the Itinerary tab and then on THIS PAGE I clicked VIEW SHORE EXCURSIONS blue button.

p.s. - I've noticed that for some cruises when you click the DETAILS button you go directly to the Itinerary page, and on others you get the Key Ports page first.

Thanks for the helpful tip - always good to have such good (read that "knowledgeable") advice on here.

Edited by avian777

Thanks.

Yes, I noticed that DETAILS didn't always take me to the same page. Very odd.

Start a booking using Chrome or Firefox, not IE or Edge. When you get to the page with the itinerary and map, click on the VIEW SHORE EXCURSIONS blue button above the Day and Date columns. In a few seconds you will download a pdf showing all excursions with exact prices.

OP: I just tried it, and there appears to be a change in the site. Now when you see the initial "Key Ports" page you must click the Itinerary tab to get the page with the VIEW SHORE EXCURSIONS button.

Thanks for this. I now have a brochure with my excursions for March, 2016. Easy when you know how. :)