They changed my show reservation without telling me!

MikeACY

I booked OceanAria a month ago for the first night of our cruise.

Today, 9 days prior to our cruise, I'm looking thru our Calendar on the RCCL web page and I see that it was moved to the 4th night. (Apparently RCCL canceled the 1st night show and moved it to a 4th night that wasn't available before) Not only that, it was in the middle of our dinner time that we booked last month also. No emails, no anything. I had to scramble and adjust our dinning times and move the show to another day. Has anyone else experienced this?

Mike

The same was done to a number of us on an upcoming Oasis cruise...CATS was cancelled on the day 2 afternoon show and RCI just rescheduled it another day without asking and then screwed up other planned reservations. We were double booked one night! Just call and have it fixed. But go to the entertainment page on the Royal site for your cruise and see the "revised" entertainment ...it will have new day/times offered.

Same kind of change on the 12/12 Anthem sailing. Had everything worked out for dinner and shows and RCCL goes ahead and changes show time from 9:00PM to 7:30PM. Of course I had a dinner scheduled at 6:45PM. Doesn't work!!!. Called a number of times and am told no other availability for a workable dinner time even though I am willing to change days. No e mail or other notification. I just happened to look at my schedule and picked it up. Told them you, RCCL, made the change YOU fix it. I have been calling for over a month and all I get is there is no availability. You, meaning me, fix it on board. You can bet that's "lots of luck". RCCL causes a problem and they couldn't care less. Wonderful customer service....did you read this Mr. Bailey?

Richard

Edited by Richard

I had something similar happen to me for our Oasis cruise last year. They cancelled a show I had booked for the first night, and moved us to another night, which conflicted with other reservations I had made. It took a bit of doing but I was able adjust various reservations shows and dinner to make it work out.

At least they did notify me that they had moved the initial show reservation.

All-in-all, a very frustrating experience, as it is a PIA to plan out the different shows in the first place. I seriously considered cancelling the cruise due to all of the pre-planning I had to do and then re-do.

Shows are changed all the time before or during the cruise, its SOP. As a rule they always add a replacement show, just adjust your times, so yes thousands have experienced this

Edited by setsail