Rental Cars with Port Shuttles - FLL??

FlyerTalker

I've done searches and found information that's out of date, so coming for current details.

I'm aware that Hertz, Avis and Sixt will provide shuttle service to/from Port Everglades. Alamo says that they don't provide, though they once did.

Can anyone supply a current list of rental car agencies that have shuttle service to/from Port Everglades. FWIW, allow me to share that I've used the Avis location in downtown Miami and used their shuttle to POM. Close and convenient.

Thanks in advance!

Alamo and National from and to the airport rental car centre. This isn't the typical blue and green National/Alamo bus that you see at many airports, but rather a full size city transit style bus with a funky jungle-like paint scheme.

Alamo and National from and to the airport rental car centre. This isn't the typical blue and green National/Alamo bus that you see at many airports, but rather a full size city transit style bus with a funky jungle-like paint scheme.
Interesting.....on the phone with Alamo and they said there was no shuttle. Maybe I should call back and try for a different agent. There is absolutely nothing about a shuttle on the website. Thanks!

It's certainly possible that they have backed out of supporting that bus like all the other companies at FLL did (which I guess is actually the point of this thread lol). It started out whenever it was 10+ years ago that the current rental centre at FLL opened that all rental companies in there supported the Port Everglades bus and many quickly dropped out of it, leaving Alamo and National as the only 2 for several years now. I had heard one of the reasons they continued to operate that bus was because those 2 companies were only located at the airport, and didn't have other city locations like the other companies did that also had shuttles. So it was kind of a marketing thing to convince people to use them at the airport.

Edited by DanJ

I have a reservation with Alamo and I just called them and they confirmed they have a shuttle to Port Everglades that runs every 10 minutes.

Would you specify which Alamo location your referring to. I have found a great price on Costco Travel and want to book but I am having a hard time figuring out which Alamo is closest to the port for drop off and if they provide a shuttle to the ship.

Thanks

Would you specify which Alamo location your referring to. I have found a great price on Costco Travel and want to book but I am having a hard time figuring out which Alamo is closest to the port for drop off and if they provide a shuttle to the ship.

Thanks

They are only at the airport, no city locations.

The car rental shuttle to the port looks like this pic,

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/south-florida-travel/files/2012/05/fll-giant-aquarium-with-fishing-pier-1.jpg

They have several of the buses all done up in different styles, and they also do the inter-terminal shuttles at the airport itself, as well as the rental shuttle to the port. You catch it on the upper outdoor level of the rental centre (I want to say level 6, but it's the level above where the walkway is from terminal 1). You need to have proof you rented from Alamo and National. At the port, it generally stops as near to the luggage porters as it can. If you take it back to the airport, you will again need proof of rental.

So if I am reading everyone's responses correctly, the following are the only car rental places that have a shuttle to port everglades.

Hertz, Avis, Alamo, Sixt.

We are needing to rent a car at Miami airport and then return to port to board our ship, Independence of the Seas. We are arriving 2 days before we leave so renting a car seemed like the best idea.

If anyone can verify that these are the only 4 car rental I have to choose from, this would be helpful in booking.

Thank you