Cabins above Crooners on the Crown

luvqe2

On an upcoming cruise, we booked room #E414. We knew it was an obstructive view cabin but did research and the view is fine. What we didn't notice was it is right above Crooners. Has anybody had a cabin above Crooners? I'm worried about the music keeping us awake.

Personally I would never book a cabin above any location that had late night activities.

Or under the Horizon Court which has early morning activities.

If you keep the cabin, please do report back and let those on the forum know of your experience.

On the other hand, you can never tell how things will be. We are just off the Island Princess and booked C230, a cabin between decks of cabins which should have been nice and quiet.

Instead, on and off all day and during the night we heard heavy flowing water and some machine sounds. Turned out to be the galley dishwasher. Who would know or expect something like this????? So your cabin above Crooners could just be fine.

On an upcoming cruise, we booked room #E414. We knew it was an obstructive view cabin but did research and the view is fine. What we didn't notice was it is right above Crooners. Has anybody had a cabin above Crooners? I'm worried about the music keeping us awake.

Unless you go to bed before mid-night, it will not be a problem. :)

IMHO, Crooner's is probably the quietest bar on Princess ship's. It's our favorite bar on all Princess ship's because we can actually hear what other people are saying! The music will be piano bar type, not loud.

I wouldn't worry :).

IMHO, Crooner's is probably the quietest bar on Princess ship's. It's our favorite bar on all Princess ship's because we can actually hear what other people are saying! The music will be piano bar type, not loud.

I wouldn't worry :).

Our favorite as well! It's not loud! :)

Just returned recently from Emerald Princess cruise. We were in E416, directly above Crooners piano area and next to the elevators.

We were concerned, like you, about noise issues and also posted on here asking for personal experiences. General consensus was that Crooners not being a party band area should be fine. We have also experienced a fairly subdued crowd with nice music on other cruises/ships on Princess line, so we went ahead with our booking.

However this turned out to be a bad experience for us. The "entertainer" was Kory Simon and IMO in trying to make up for his poor "crooning" abilities, he was overly loud and abrasive. His show were punctuated by his calling out to patrons in the back to get them involved in the show. The only times we got peace were about three days when he was in another venue and had a replacement entertainer.

There are huge speakers on the ceiling above the piano area which was right under our room so be aware.

You might get lucky and have an actual crooner, but then again..........

Edited by bigenna

We've had really great luck in these rooms, including E416. Loved it because it wasn't directly in front of the elevator vestibule ... just around the corner. However, 3 things for me to note....

We were on the Star and see that the Crooners is on the opposite side of the ship on the Crown. We were lucky enough to get room E403 on the Crown last year and what an outstanding room choice!! If you can get that one, do so!!

The other thing to note is that on the last night when we were in E416 (on the Star), they seemed to be loading and off loading luggage from right across the hall. It was really noisy the entire last night -- although not bad the rest of the trip.

E414 seems to be right across from the elevator vestibule, which can be noisy depending on your fellow passengers that congregate and converse there right in front of your door. Princess does not have very soundproof doors like we've seen on other ships.

Again, on the Crown E403 was a phenomenal obstructed OV room -- very quiet and barely any obstruction to speak of. Maybe something in that area on the starboard side would be a little better.

Thank you everyone for your comments. Unfortunately the only cabin now available is 409 and it is obstructive. Either we will wait and see if by final payment something opens up or move to a different area.

Hi

I would be nervous of a cabin above crooners, on Emerald crossing was loudest place on ship, packed out with folks singing silly songs and making lots of noise,

one evening I even left the IC could not stand the entertainer any more might have been songs from wizard of oz

yours Shogun

Hi

I would be nervous of a cabin above crooners, on Emerald crossing was loudest place on ship, packed out with folks singing silly songs and making lots of noise,

one evening I even left the IC could not stand the entertainer any more might have been songs from wizard of oz

yours Shogun

i so agree with you. The din carried all the way through the piazza. You could tell some of the staff were not enjoying it either. But apparently he brought people in and must have been a money maker in that bar. Guess I don't drink enough, lol!

Edited by bigenna