Flight Info from London, ON

bones43

We are scheduled on Celebrity Silhouette Eastern Caribbean and wondering if others could share flight info from London ON,Canada and what their positive experiences have been. Our first time with Celebrity.icon5.gif

We are scheduled on Celebrity Silhouette Eastern Caribbean and wondering if others could share flight info from London ON,Canada and what their positive experiences have been. Our first time with Celebrity.icon5.gif

I'm not entirely certain what you're asking.

Did you book choice air through Celebrity or are you looking for flight options out of YXU?

If it's the latter, I'd recommend driving to Toronto and flying out of YYZ. Or driving to Detroit and flying from DTW (I'm sure you could get decently priced flights from both airports).

Edited by iMedic

Really not sure what info the poster is looking for, but they are clearly referring to Celebrity's all-inclusive package that flies out of a number of Canadian airports ( London being one of them - Toronto is not on the list I don't think). This will be the third year (I think) that Celebrity has done this - price includes cabin, flights, bus to and from cruise terminal, classic drink package, all taxes and gratuities - think that is all. Celebrity has been advertising in a number of Canadian newspapers for a few months now. This is NOT Choice air. We took it last year out of Ottawa - the charter airline was great. The package is for both Silhouette and Reflection in the eastern and western Caribbean.

I seem to recall reading here last year or so that for one cruise the flights were delayed and the ship waited hours for the passengers. Unlike Choice Air, in this instance Celebrity is on the hook for getting people to the cruise ship so if they leave without a plane load (or more) they would have to put them up somewhere and then fly them all to the next port.

This is the package we have booked out of London ON. I see that I was not very clear in my question. We do not receive flight info until 90 days prior and was just wondering what people have experienced in the past with this package out of Londonicon5.gif

This is the package we have booked out of London ON. I see that I was not very clear in my question. We do not receive flight info until 90 days prior and was just wondering what people have experienced in the past with this package out of Londonicon5.gif

We took this very package out of London this past April. What a wonderful experience.

The non stop flight left London at 8:30am and arrived in Miami around 11:30am. We received a hot breakfast on board. The only hiccup in the process is that we needed to clear customs in Miami. The lineup was quite long and it took approximately 45 minutes to get through. Once we cleared customs, we were taken by bus to Ft Lauderdale where we embarked. All very smooth and professional. One other thing to consider...on most airlines, you can book your seat ahead of time. On this package, you are assigned your seat at check in at the airport. As London Airport is not all that large, if specific location of seat on the plane is important to you, just get to the airport a little earlier.

The return process was just as smooth. We were taken by bus from Ft Lauderdale to Miami on the morning of disembarkation. We were on the first bus out. We got to Miami airport about 10:00am so we were there in plenty of time for our 1:30pm flight back to London. It was our choice to be on the first bus, since we would rather be at the airport and have to wait, as opposed to cutting it too close.

We received lunch on the flight back and arrived in London at 4:30 pm. We cleared customs right in the London airport.

We would certainly do this package again and highly recommend it for those who have not had the opportunity. We have been long time Celebrity cruisers and typically fly out of Detroit. I believe one of the options this year is to fly into West Palm Beach. Either way, you will love the experience.

Randy

Well I would imagine that the London flights are basically pretty similar to the ones from other Canadian cities. I know that last season Celebrity chartered Canadian North for its charter airline - I think this is the one that the CFL uses to fly all its football teams around each year. For some reason Canadian North sub-chartered another northern Canada airline for our Ottawa run last time - First Air. Amazing flight both ways!! There was enough room between seats that if the person sitting in the window seat wanted to get out the people in the aisle seats didn't have to stand up! Free HOT breakfast shortly after take-off and then at 9:30 a.m. the FREE bar service started - like who doesn't need a couple of rum and cokes at that hour of the morning? On our return flight we had a nice hot lunch with....FREE bar service ... which continued for the entire flight!! And all the flight attendants were very nice, service oriented and joked with the passengers. Don't know if everything would be the same on Canadian North but given that it is an airline that competes with First Air in northern Canada I would assume so.

Haven't experienced this kind of flight service in years and years. Assuming everything is basically the same as last season, the plane is met by Celebrity either at the gate or outside US Customs if you don't pre-clear in London (I don't think that is one of the airports that has the pre-clearance but I could be wrong). They make sure you get handed off to other Celebrity people as you meander through the airport until you arrive at the chartered buses to take you directly to the pier. One thing - once you hand over your suitcases to the bus driver you won't see them again until you see them later that day (or evening) in your cabin. So keep whatever you might need in your carry-on, or take things out of your suitcase before giving it to the driver.

I was impressed with the service Celebrity provided from the time I checked in at the airport until I got to the long lines at the pier! I would not hesitate to do this again. I think these all-inclusive packages leave from Winnipeg, London, Ottawa, Quebec City, Moncton and Halifax - maybe I missed other cities but that's what I recall from their advertising.