Early Saver pout/complaint/vent

WindyFreedom

Oh man Oh man Oh man.. I booked spirit airlines. It was the only option I could afford. I made the mistake of searching the forums before I fell asleep to see if anyone has ever used them before. I'm so scared now that I won't make it in time....... :-/ the flight is supposed to land at 11:40a. Surely if they are running late on still make it to fll before the deadline to embark.. Right?? :(

Oh man Oh man Oh man.. I booked spirit airlines. It was the only option I could afford. I made the mistake of searching the forums before I fell asleep to see if anyone has ever used them before. I'm so scared now that I won't make it in time....... :-/ the flight is supposed to land at 11:40a. Surely if they are running late on still make it to fll before the deadline to embark.. Right?? :(

Don't worry - I've used Spirit a few times and not had a problem. Just pack light and prepay your overhead space (yes they charge for that). Try to go carry on for this cruise, that way it will not delay you in baggage. I also look at the other flights leaving around the same time to know my alternatives (Spirit does not have a reciprocal agreement with anyone that I know of) that I'd be willing to pay to get out. If you are landing in FLL and going to the terminal there, it's a short 10 minute drive. Check in is 90 minutes before sail. Just stay calm and all will be good:D

You don't say where you are coming from, but if you are on a non-stop you should be fine. As someone said, it's only about 10 min. from FLL to the cruise port. 11::40 arrival should have you at the port easily before 1:00. Doesn't seem like you have much choice anyway, so no sense creating a big worry for yourself needlessly. Unless you're willing to change the flight to the day before or an earlier arrival, I'd just relax and expect that the normal will happen and you'll make it with plenty of time.