Entry Requirements for Canadians

Freckles83

Just doing some last minute double checking of visa/vaccine requirements for my husband and I (Canadian Citizens)

Wondering if a Canadian Passport is sufficient proof of citizenship for entry? An example used on the Canadian Government website uses a birth certificate as an example of proof of citizenship and I don't really want to bring those with us unless absolutely necessary.

Can any Canadians who have recently travelled to Grand Cayman please confirm what documentation they brought with them ?

Thanks

A Canadian passport with at least six months validity remaining is generally sufficient for entry into the Cayman Islands by air or sea. Cayman reserves the right to still refuse entry on grounds of criminal record, presence of a communicable disease, and other such issues which are not typically relevant to most tourists.

Cayman Islands Immigration will check passports of all inbound passengers at the airport for air arrivals.

For arrivals by cruise ship the cruise line will check your documentation upon boarding the ship. The ship electronically transmits information to the Immigration authorities prior to arrival. This means you do not have to stand in a line to have your passport checked when you arrive in Cayman.