50lbs in 90 Days...let's begin!

jinglesmountjoy

Most people know it as Intermittent Fasting. I use the term "cleansing" instead of fasting. The science on this protocol is rock solid (as a nutritionist, I can vouch) and there are different variations. I use what's called a 5:2 protocol meaning, I eat for 5 days and then don't eat for 2. There are other variations... 6:1 (6 days eat/ 1 day no eating), 16:8 (16 hours of no eating/8 hours of eating).

I actually use a system that I purchase online that makes it very easy to follow. I can't even write up a nutritional plan for my clients that beats what I get in a box online so I now simply get them on the online program.

Essentially, it puts your body into a state of elevated fat burning while at the same time holding on to or increasing your muscle mass. Most programs I've looked at cause muscle loss which leads to the famous "rebound" effect we're all familiar with.

It also elevates your body's natural detoxification system. After a few weeks, your body runs so much more efficiently. It's more "forgiving" when you have those lapses ;) we're all prone to have (and by the way...SHOULD HAVE). It makes me feel about 15-20 years younger.

At the risk of shameless self-promotion :rolleyes: , here is a blog post I did on the science of this eating style...

https://onehealthybugger.wordpress.com/2015/09/11/fasting-is-lasting/

If you want more details on it, I'm always happy to share.

Have you ever done a cruise right out of NYC? We almost booked a 10 day on the Norwegian Gem

Jingglemountjoy, hi, you mentioned in your post that had subscribed to an online system thAt helped you. Care to share. You also refer to your "clients", what and who Are they? I am 63 an amputee and obese. I want to make changes to how I feel and who I am physically. So anything you can share would be greatly appreciated. Email mmpalad@gmail.com thanks ,Melissa

Jingglemountjoy, hi, you mentioned in your post that had subscribed to an online system thAt helped you. Care to share. You also refer to your "clients", what and who Are they? I am 63 an amputee and obese. I want to make changes to how I feel and who I am physically. So anything you can share would be greatly appreciated. Email mmpalad@gmail.com thanks ,Melissa

Hi Melissa... I will certainly email you the details. Regarding clients, I'm a sports nutritionist with an emphasis on lifestyle changes. Sadly, I'm terrible at following my own advice..:rolleyes:...until now!

Im down 6 lbs in 4 days.

Hubby left, cleared bank accounts, kept car and didnt pay rent.

My name is still on cruise.

Its on my credit, gonna lose weight be sexy, take the kids and send him pics.

Arshole mitherfinicker

Well, I hope you have a wonderful cruise IN SPITE of him! I would say that you're down another 200lbs then! ;)

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Most people know it as Intermittent Fasting. I use the term "cleansing" instead of fasting. The science on this protocol is rock solid (as a nutritionist, I can vouch) and there are different variations. I use what's called a 5:2 protocol meaning, I eat for 5 days and then don't eat for 2. There are other variations... 6:1 (6 days eat/ 1 day no eating), 16:8 (16 hours of no eating/8 hours of eating).

I've been doing the 16:8 plan with alternate days of 500 calories/1800 calories, combined with keto LCHF.

Edited by roomba920

• 1 month later...

I actually use a system that I purchase online that makes it very easy to follow. I can't even write up a nutritional plan for my clients that beats what I get in a box online so I now simply get them on the online program.

Essentially, it puts your body into a state of elevated fat burning while at the same time holding on to or increasing your muscle mass. Most programs I've looked at cause muscle loss which leads to the famous "rebound" effect we're all familiar with.

It also elevates your body's natural detoxification system. After a few weeks, your body runs so much more efficiently. It's more "forgiving" when you have those lapses ;) we're all prone to have (and by the way...SHOULD HAVE). It makes me feel about 15-20 years younger.

At the risk of shameless self-promotion :rolleyes: , here is a blog post I did on the science of this eating style...

Have you ever done a cruise right out of NYC? We almost booked a 10 day on the Norwegian Gem

Intermittent fasting is a legitimate way to lose weight, but everything else in this post is pure unscientific drivel. Losing 50lbs in 90 days is maybe possible if you start out at 600+lbs, but sadly there are no such fantastically quick solutions for people in "normal" overweight or obese weight ranges. And no, skipping meals for a couple days does not magically build muscle mass. Shame on you for spreading such this harmful misinformation to desperate people.

Maximum healthy weight loss falls right around 2lbs per week, about half of the weight loss you promise in 90 days. Which, hey, people should be totally happy with! With normal calorie counting you can accomplish 10-25lbs of weight loss in 3 months and that is very much an excellent pace that will make a noticeable impact on your appearance. You can also lose weight at an accelerated pace at the beginning due to changes in water retention—that quick 5lb drop in the beginning can be fantastic motivation, but do NOT mistake it for some touted miracle product working. There is only so much water weight you can lose; it will slow down; it's perfectly normal.

Anyone who uses the words "cleansing" or "detoxifying" is just sending up a big confirmation banner that they are a snake oil salesman. If you don't have kidney disease, your body "cleanses" itself just fine, and no it's not toxins making you fat...it's overeating. I also notice that you claim to be a nutritionist to try and boost your credibility. There is NO regulation on the term "nutritionist" in the UK, Australia, Canada, or USA. The legally-protected term is "dietitian", and dietitians are the ones who have to be certified and meet regulations. You can literally read one online blog about how little space aliens inside your gut make you fat and that is enough to start calling yourself a nutritionist. So once again, shame on you.

Where did you get your RD from?

• 2 weeks later...