LIVE from Regal Princess, sailing November 3rd!

BugsyCruiser

Thanks for the great live review. Quick question on Pier 66. What's the best way to get to the port?

A taxi with tip will be less than $15.00. About a 5 to 7 minute ride, unless the draw bridge on 17th street is up!

BILL

not just increased .. but .. doubled !!!

According to Karen Candy, the line's public relations manager, passengers will now be charged $20 for a half-day pass or $40 for a full day -- double the previous fees, which were $10 and $20, respectively.

Perhaps Chris can confirm this.

Just off the Royal and that is the fee (and has been on all ships for a couple of years at least). If you book for the entire cruise it is $30 a day.

A taxi with tip will be less than $15.00. About a 5 to 7 minute ride, unless the draw bridge on 17th street is up!

BILL

Sturmin - Time your trip. The drawbridge opens on the hour and half hour as requested.

Edited by capriccio

I'm a little late for the party, but happy to be here! Thanks so much Chris for doing the live, day by day review! We will be on the Regal Dec. 6th and I love getting sneak peeks of what to expect! It will be our 7th Princess cruise, but first time on the Regal!

Your photos are spectacular! Again, thanks for sharing your vacation!! :)

Good morning :)

f394fa63b4b9c24f6f314c0ee66ec644.jpg

2fedb807fde67381ace6ac893e2e6fff.jpg

Looks like a Carnival ship is headed over to Half Moon Cay

868f7acca5ab349ef4260edac38c329a.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 using Tapatalk

I must admit as much as I like Princess Cays ...Half Moon Cay is my favourite private Island.

Chris, as usual, a wonderful review. You, Gambee, Middle Aged Drama Queen are all in a league of your own. You've captured the essence of my favourite Princess ship. Can't wait for our New Yrs cruise, our third time on Regal. We sailed her first on the Med in Aug 2014 and I can't see us sailing anything now except Regal and the newer RCL big ships. Princess Cays, to me, is absolute heaven on earth. I hope that you have the Crown Grill in your plans - had a fantastic meal there last Christmas. The International Cafe and Alfredo's are two of our favourites as well.

If I can prevail upon you for a favour, and absolutely only if you have time and already happen to be in that area: would you be able to see if our favourite Regal dining room waiter,Rosebern from India, will be on this New Yrs cruise? He was in the anytime Symphony last Christmas. Have a wonderful rest of the cruise and no worries if you aren't able to get to this request.

Good morning friends and welcome to day three of LIVE from Regal Princess! Today is a sea day. Also shortly after I went to bed they were able to medivac the patient ashore to the airport to get this person back to Florida. Prayers for the patient and their family. Today will be a day of exploration and the slot pull at 1:30! Tonight is our formal night as well on this 5 night sailing.

So stay tuned as the day gets under way! :)

Good morning from Regal

c849ffa195cbed93aa1287a1d5bc7add.jpg

Hi Chris. Following this thread and enjoying the view through your lens. I see you even got Dave to post from his perch so you must be special ;) Question for you who is the party band on board and who is teaching zumba. Thank you

Good morning. I will definitely try to find this info out for you.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Good morning. I will definitely try to find this info out for you.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for your review, the ship looks Faboulous. Hope to meet you onboard, we're breaking the experienced cruisers Golden Rule, flying in the same day.........weather here in Texas not so great this weekend. Have a Wonderful cruise.

Good Morning Chris, glad you liked Steve Morris, he is one funny entertainer. By chance did his final act include the bottles to perform his music? If he did, he sure fooled everyone in the audience. Hope you guys win a big jack pot on the slot pull today, it should be a lot of fun. By chance have you been able to check out the Crab Shack schedule for next week? Really looking forward to getting together with everyone for a feast. Enjoy your sea day and formal night.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

Edited by Kenosha Cruiser

yu

Chris, as usual, a wonderful review. You, Gambee, Middle Aged Drama Queen are all in a league of your own. You've captured the essence of my favourite Princess ship. Can't wait for our New Yrs cruise, our third time on Regal. We sailed her first on the Med in Aug 2014 and I can't see us sailing anything now except Regal and the newer RCL big ships. Princess Cays, to me, is absolute heaven on earth. I hope that you have the Crown Grill in your plans - had a fantastic meal there last Christmas. The International Cafe and Alfredo's are two of our favourites as well.

If I can prevail upon you for a favour, and absolutely only if you have time and already happen to be in that area: would you be able to see if our favourite Regal dining room waiter,Rosebern from India, will be on this New Yrs cruise? He was in the anytime Symphony last Christmas. Have a wonderful rest of the cruise and no worries if you aren't able to get to this request.

I agree this is an interesting review.

But,I would also add the reviews of Pescado Amarillo and Bimmer09(aka Norris Adair ) to the list of cruisers who post about their travels with great photos and interesting reporting.

Bugsy,I hope you enjoy your vacation!

Good Morning Chris, glad you liked Steve Morris, he is one funny entertainer. By chance did his final act include the bottles to perform his music? If he did, he sure fooled everyone in the audience. Hope you guys win a big jack pot on the slot pull today, it should be a lot of fun. By chance have you been able to check out the Crab Shack schedule for next week? Really looking forward to getting together with everyone for a feast. Enjoy your sea day and formal night.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

Yep he did the routine with the bottles. We didn't hit it big at the slot pull but still had fun. I will inquire about the Crab Shack as soon as I can