Drink package - what is "super premium"?

We bought the drink package for our upcoming Anthem cruise. One ultimate and one premium. I see in the fine print that it excludes several things, one of them being "super premium" drinks. Can anyone give me an example of what this would be, or tell me something they wanted but couldn't get with their ultimate or premium drink package (alcoholic drinks only, not worried about juices or Evian, etc.)? Thanks.

Drinks made with high end brands would be excluded.

I'm looking for specifics here, like what brands I can't have, or how high a price for a glass of wine. Super premium is a relatively vague term as there are so many types of drinks out there.

Just off Oasis yesterday, everything I tried was included but a few drinks had extra charges (those that exceeded $12 I was charged the difference.)

In practice this was implemented differently depending on the bar tender. At Sabor they have Don Julio 1942, one bar tender tells me it's not included in the package but I get 20% off the regular price with my package, another bar tender tells me it's $32.00 per shot and I just pay the difference of $20 + 18% gratuity, and yet another bar tender told me it was included in the package and gave me several shots with a $0.00 total. Also at Sabor I was drinking Ilegal Mezcal which is listed as $14, I would often pay the extra $2.00 but one of the bar tenders would instead ring it up as another brand (Vida) which was included on the package and gave a $0.00 total on my receipt.

I had also heard many others had problems getting double shots at bars, but we frequently got double shots of Johnie Walker black label from the English pub most nights.

I'm looking for specifics here, like what brands I can't have, or how high a price for a glass of wine. Super premium is a relatively vague term as there are so many types of drinks out there.

Wine up to $12 per glass, anything above you pay the difference. Wine by the bottle is not included but you get a 20% discount.

Hmm now I'm wondering if I've made a mistake buying me the package if the limit is $12. Many of the dining rooms on Anthem have a special cocktail list with really interesting sounding drinks and they are all priced at $14. So I'll have to pay extra for all those drinks? That's a bit of a downer.

Hi folks. I was wondering about things like Irish coffee in the MDR. What sort of package would they fall into? Or would they be outside any package?

I had the premium package (not ultimate, at cafe promenade when ordering coffee drinks with liquor in them I was charged the going price for an expreso shot $2.00)

Also keep in mind they add 18% gratuity to the difference so $2.00 becomes $2.36

Edited by ckergald

Wine up to $12 per glass, anything above you pay the difference. Wine by the bottle is not included but you get a 20% discount.

Hmmm... Ok... If I buy the premiuim package, (DH gets no package) and we order a bottle of wine at dinner to share, will they allow that and still give 20% off? And are there any limitations on the 20% off ( we usually order $100+ Bottles) THAT may make it worthwhile for us....

Hi folks. I was wondering about things like Irish coffee in the MDR. What sort of package would they fall into? Or would they be outside any package?

I had the premium package on oasis last year and would baileys and coffee with no extra charge in the dinning room

Hmm now I'm wondering if I've made a mistake buying me the package if the limit is $12. Many of the dining rooms on Anthem have a special cocktail list with really interesting sounding drinks and they are all priced at $14. So I'll have to pay extra for all those drinks? That's a bit of a downer.

Those menus were most likely from the UK sailings, where the package limit is $14 due to gratuity being included in the menu price

We bought the drink package for our upcoming Anthem cruise. One ultimate and one premium. I see in the fine print that it excludes several things, one of them being "super premium" drinks. Can anyone give me an example of what this would be, or tell me something they wanted but couldn't get with their ultimate or premium drink package (alcoholic drinks only, not worried about juices or Evian, etc.)? Thanks.

Any drink priced above $12 ea would be considered a Super drink (using your term). Unfortunately, I can't supply a list. But, there was a tequila at Boleros that had a price of $30/shot, and another at $50/shot.

Somebody here on CC had somehow taken screen shots of the drink menus and prices. I can't remember where exactly that post is located. I could kick myself that I didn't print it out.

I do remember my Tangueray gin was on there, as were some nicer rums and tequilas/ however some drinks like Courvosier were NOT. Since I am getting, on this next cruise, the Ultimate package, I am going to watch the prices on what I order. If someone finds the menu posting , post again, please. :rolleyes: