Is single OK when cruising to Tahiti?

IRIS FAYE

Iris,

If your able to travel August 15, 2006. You should join us for our group cruise. So far, their are (at least) 6 of us travelling without husbands/boyfriends and aged from 42-62. Also, until the end of the work day today (eastern time), the agency is running a special with a deposit of only $100 that is fully refundable if you decide to cancel before final payment. You will also receive a coupon book for use on the ship. We would love it if you decided to join us! Just follow the link below for pricing info and to contact Kevin, our Cruise Critic group cruise agent. I'll be contacting him today as well, I have another friend that has decided to go and leave the husband and kids at home!

Don't know if I could make it, but will definitly give it some consideration. You said to look at the link below, but there is no link. Can you attach the link, or is there another place I need to go to look for it. I am going some place in May, but if it isn't too costly I might consider August. I am 53, but act 23 at times and enjoy life. I no longer travel with my husband. He's doesn't enjoy these as I do. I enjoy the decisions I make alone and it works perfectly for me. I had gotten a cost from an agent I dealt with a while back and with staying in a room alone, the cost was close to $2500.00 not including airfare. Is this with Princess? Thanks for everything!!!!!!!! Iris

Iris,

The link is the banner right below my flashing e-mail link. you can click on the banner or any of the categories "Our Group Cruise Website * Prices & Booking *

Group Cruise Message Board * Roll Call Thread" directly below the banner.

I am single, but all the other woman I am travelling with are married but husbands don't like to cruise/travel or just weren't invited. Until my friend Carol decided to go (yesterday), my friend Kate was booked as a single in the category II inside cabin directly across the hall from the 2 mini-suites the rest of us have booked. Her fare was approximately $2200 with the single supplement.

My Mom, Sister and I did the Grand Princess for my 40th birthday a couple years ago and had such a great time together that we are now hooked. Last year my 2 aunts and a friend joined us in Alaska and this year we went to Hawaii with NCL. Mom and I are already talking about cruise destinations for 2007 and 2008!

I think this is a great cruise for single travellers..only because the ship is so small and you will meet people fast. There was a lady on our cruise who travels alone most of the time. She was the "most travelled passenger". I think she may be in her 60's..she was from Canada..and she frequently joined in trivia with us and everyone knew her by the end of the cruise. You will run into the same people, see them on excursions, etc. I would suggest sitting a table for 6-8 so you can get to know some passengers at dinner. I don't think you will feel "odd ball" or anything.

There definitely are alot of honeymooners and couples in general, but I think you will have a great time and find plenty of people to talk to!

RUM and MAY I went to Greece this past summer and was amazed at how much I enjoyed th entire trip going alone. This seemed to be a cruise for couples, but I met a few without spouses and honestly I enjoyed all of those I met. I just kept hearing honeymooners for Tahiti and thought it would be too lovey dovey all over the place. But, nice to know it's not. I guess when it's such a wonderful place, everyone is open to smiles and enjoying. Going alone won't stop me from going.

Hey Pugs, I probably don't know much about this board. I have no clue where to go for prices and booking or "our group cruise website". I am at work and should be doing just that, but when I have time I will venture out and try to learn this site. I am SO very hooked also. I absolutely LOVE Princess. There are the pros and cons, but when it comes to comfort and ease; I LOVE their cruise line. Sounds like me, I always try to have a trip planned a year in advance. I am looking at 2007 and get so excited when I target a place. Thanks for the information!!!!!!!!!! Iris

we have gone on this cruise twice and have met several singles. this is a wonderful itinerary for traveling solo as there is so much to do. you will never go to another place so perfect! we are going again in January 07, can't wait! 07 cruise prices are available on most sites now, just do your homework and you will find what is right for you. email me of any questions I can answer laurieb97304@yahoo.com

Archived