Glitzy Walking stick ?

KarenandPaul

Hi I'm going on my first cruise with the Azura on Xmas day .

I have arthritis but beginning of this year had a knee replacements which has greatly improved my mobility and can now a lot of the time manage without a stick. 😄

Ive brought new dresses for the formal nights and want to wear them with shoes with slightly higher heels than I've worn for a good few years but feel I would definitely need the added security of my walking stick. A glitzy functional one would be a nice touch especially on the black and white themed night . I was wondering if any ladies have brought something similar and can recommend any shop or online sites I can look at.

Hi I'm going on my first cruise with the Azura on Xmas day .

I have arthritis but beginning of this year had a knee replacements which has greatly improved my mobility and can now a lot of the time manage without a stick.

Ive brought new dresses for the formal nights and want to wear them with shoes with slightly higher heels than I've worn for a good few years but feel I would definitely need the added security of my walking stick. A glitzy functional one would be a nice touch especially on the black and white themed night . I was wondering if any ladies have brought something similar and can recommend any shop or online sites I can look at.

I went onto ebay ,put in sparkle walking stick and it came up with some nice sparkly ones, in a choice of colours

is the item code...put that in the search box.

They also fold up. I have a folding one, and it is strong.

Switch Stick Luxury Engraved Pearl Walking Stick - Folding And Adjustable - from amazon

I bought one of these when I had my shiny new hip earlier this year, because just like you I wanted something more showy when we went out for dinner. Last week, I purchased another for my aunt who has a special birthday coming up. I think they look rather stylish in gold. They also come with a small carry bag and a velcro tie to keep them under control when they are folded and not in use.

Most mobility shops also sell them. Having just had a new knee myself, I took a folding one on recent Arcadia cruise. These are great if you don't need to use it all the time. They have to through the security scanner though as they are hollow.

Also be aware - my knee set off most of the security walk through arches so I had to be patted down! My left half knee replacement never did this!!

Well some did on Aurora!

Ha ha, I can believe it! The first time I went to the buffet on Aurora, approx 3 hours after embarking, I witnessed what can only be described as a feeding frenzy. Around one display of food, people had formed a circle. I walked around said circle, trying to identify the 'end'. But to no avail - in fact, they had formed a perfectly complete, tightly-knit circle, with no end and no beginning. As I tried to decide where to join in, I was snarled at, "Get to the back of the queue!". Yikes :eek:

I made a hasty retreat and never entered the buffet for the rest of the cruise.