Shows on the Sapphire

jacketwatch

Hello. We are scheduled for the Sapphire out of Singapore in Feb. and I would like to know how the shows are scheduled. We just had cruises on the NCL Getaway and RCI's Oasis of the Seas where shows could be reserved. I am wondering if shows on the Sapphire will be more traditional like one after each dinner seating. We have traditional dining, 1st. seating.

Thank you. Larry :)

Princess has never had reservations for shows.

Do you know if they have shows after each dinner seating? NCL and RCI had shows at set times, about 4-5 for a 1 week cruise so that is why you had to plan dinner around them and it was best to reserve the show whereas I am used to Princess and CCL having shows after traditional dinner seating, usually 2 per night so yes there is no need to reserve a show, just go after dinner.

Thank you.

There will usually be at least two shows each evening, one scheduled so that early traditional diners can attend and one so the late traditional diners can attend.

Depending on what other activities are scheduled, the one for the late seating might be before dinner (around 7 PM) or might be after dinner (around 10 PM).

The Welcome Aboard show the first evening is often only presented only one time at a time the late seating passengers cannot attend.

There will usually be at least two shows each evening, one scheduled so that early traditional diners can attend and one so the late traditional diners can attend.

Depending on what other activities are scheduled, the one for the late seating might be before dinner (around 7 PM) or might be after dinner (around 10 PM).

The Welcome Aboard show the first evening is often only presented only one time at a time the late seating passengers cannot attend.

Thank you.

We will be on the Saphire in March and not much info came out of it so far. I think someone told me it's because it has been chartered for the Asians but now it not chartered anymore so we should be seeing reviews and more.

We will be on the Saphire in March and not much info came out of it so far. I think someone told me it's because it has been chartered for the Asians but now it not chartered anymore so we should be seeing reviews and more.

That's good to know. Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
Just off the Sapphire from Beijing to Singapore - there were typically 2 and sometimes 3 shows in the Princess Theatre per evening depending on the show, what else was on etc.

Acadian_dad,

Are the shows on the Sapphire Princess geared to the asian market or are they english speaking based and the typical kind of Princess entertainers, like the comedians and musicians, vocalists, etc

Acadian_dad,

Are the shows on the Sapphire Princess geared to the asian market or are they english speaking based and the typical kind of Princess entertainers, like the comedians and musicians, vocalists, etc

The shows were all in English - standard Princess fare - except for the evening in Shanghai where they brought in a local Chinese acrobat troupe.

The customizations for the Asian market seem pretty minor in my opinion. Signage around the boat (deck directories, around the polls, etc) is in English and Chinese and the selections in the Buffet / menus in the Dining Rooms had some Asian choices (which we really enjoyed). And a kettle in the stateroom. But overall the feel was not much different than our Crown Princess cruise around the British Isles a few years ago.

Edited by acadian_dad

Are the electrical outlets in the cabins, US, asian or both.

US only from what I recall.

As quoted by Arcadia Dad. Is this real? A kettle would be very nice.

(And a kettle in the stateroom. )

Yup there is a kettle in the room.

Arcadia Dad

I do like my coffee in the morning before I get up.

Do they provide Tea and Coffee? Too much to ask I suppose but we always bring our own anyway.

We did the Diamond Princess from Sydney to Singapore in March this year but no kettle. The food was good though.

Looking forward to January and our trip.

Patrick

Do they provide Tea and Coffee? Too much to ask I suppose but we always bring our own anyway.

Well I think you will want to continue to bring your own - there was no coffee provided - I *think* there were a few green tea bags but not 100% sure on that. There was a mini fridge in our stateroom as well which was handy for water, you could keep a glass of milk from the buffet there if you prefer your drinks with ...

To be honest, while we brought Starbucks Via instant coffee with us, we never used it - we got our coffees in the AM from the Int'l Cafe (Tatiana, we miss you !!!).