Recent experiences with Olympic restaurant?

cheffip

We're on board Millennium before its next dry dock so perhaps a last chance to dine at Olympic if it is slated to become something else.

Just wondering if those who have tried it recently think it's worth the cost? Also, are there any deals/discounts offered during the course of the cruise, other than the usual one on the first night of the cruise?

On many, if not most, Celebrity cruises they offer discounts during the cruise to dine at the specialty restaurants. It's not always publicized, but you can ask if they'll offer you a discount...you can ask every day...and you can ask at different locations during the same day. Quite often, they'll say OK....I'll give you x% or $x off tonight or so on. It never hurts to ask.

On the other hand, if you really want to be sure you can dine in a specialty restaurant or want a special time or date, then reserve it in advance.

On many, if not most, Celebrity cruises they offer discounts during the cruise to dine at the specialty restaurants. It's not always publicized, but you can ask if they'll offer you a discount...you can ask every day...and you can ask at different locations during the same day. Quite often, they'll say OK....I'll give you x% or $x off tonight or so on. It never hurts to ask.

On the other hand, if you really want to be sure you can dine in a specialty restaurant or want a special time or date, then reserve it in advance.

Good to know...thanks.

As from 2009 until the opening of Luminae, we ate in the specialty restaurants every night on every cruise. In 2007 we ate in Olympic on a number of occasions. It was excellent - both food and service. Although we did not sail on Millennium again before our cruise in April/May this year, I can honestly say that we never had a disappointing meal in the Murano-equivalent specialty restaurants. We had, however, become bored with the repetitive menu and we pleased about the opening of Luminae.

Unfortunately, our experience of Olympic on that second Millennium cruise was more than disappointing. We visited once for dinner, once for lunch and the Chef's Table. I have to stress that it may have been the best Chef's Table we have attended but we ended up regretting our other two meal [even though, as suite guests, these were complimentary].

The food did not reach the standards we had come to expect and the service was poor. The final straw was witnessing an argument by two of the wait staff in the middle of the restaurant during lunch. This would NEVER have happened in the past. They were experienced member of the staff as we knew them both from previous cruises.

There may have been particular issues on that Millennium cruise, perhaps caused by the recent opening of Luminae but staff for the new restaurant had been drawn from all areas. However, the excellent food and service at the Chef's Table proved that they were still capable of high standards so I am at a loss to explain our experience.

If I was the OP, would I dine in Olympic? I am not sure. Are we planning to eat in Murano on our next cruise? Probably not despite it being complimentary.