Getaway mini suites vs. balcony

msjazzymiss

We've booked a balcony for our upcoming cruise, but I've just checked and it appears that the guarantee mini suites are more affordable. We're new to NCL and not familiar with the different room categories. To make a long story short, would it be worthwhile to spent extra for a guarantee mini suite? Are they larger then a regular balcony, do any of the mini suites gave obstructed views? Any suggestion?

Not sure where all the mini-suites are located. You may not want a cabin under the Lido deck or someplace that may be noisy. We always choose a cabin with cabins above and below.

We had a mini on the Getaway and the bathroom was very nice. NCL cabins are a bit on the small side.

We've booked a balcony for our upcoming cruise, but I've just checked and it appears that the guarantee mini suites are more affordable. We're new to NCL and not familiar with the different room categories. To make a long story short, would it be worthwhile to spent extra for a guarantee mini suite? Are they larger then a regular balcony, do any of the mini suites gave obstructed views? Any suggestion?

Check this link and scroll down a bit. You'll see the two types of rooms side by side. The mini is slightly bigger with everything, but much bigger bathroom. The actual balconies for both are the same I believe, except the deck 8 minis, which are much bigger.

http://www.cruiseshipdeckplan.com/ncl-norwegian-getaway/

The bathrooms are wonderful especially if your a family traveling together.

Any extra space in the cabin is not noticeable but the bathroom is worth it. Big shower with jets on it. Family Minis have a tub.

A clothing line to dry wet suits in the shower.....awesome

Had breakaway m-6 mini suite huge balcony and loved it!!!

Odds are a GTY won't get one of the handful of decent sized balconies. I was high disappointed in the balconies. With the size, I would have rather they just given s french balconies.