New Suite Program for Oasis and Quantum Class

AtlFolks

Anyone else get a slick brochure in the mail on the new suite program? What do you think?

I'm still reeling a bit that the Viking Crown Lounge was removed from Oasis for the suite guest-only Coastal Kitchen.

Got the first email on September 11 and then another one today.

Great amenities for those in the more upscale suites, which is the way it should be.:)

I think RCI is trying to compete with the upscale lines like Silver Sea and Crystal - a definite opportunity for them, and for guests who want an all-inclusive experience with that level of service.

New cruisers don't really notice how open ship space and existing venues (like the VCL and center seating in the theatre) are chipped away to make suite only areas. It makes me feel RCI is becoming a more class-based.

I love to cruise RCI, as can be seen from my history, just trying to visualize where this is all going.

I think RCI is trying to compete with the upscale lines like Silver Sea and Crystal - a definite opportunity for them, and for guests who want an all-inclusive experience with that level of service.

Actually, RCI is only trying to stay even with all the other mainstream lines that are implementing the ship within a ship. Even Princess has been surveying passengers about increased suites benefits.

Actually, RCI is only trying to stay even with all the other mainstream lines that are implementing the ship within a ship. Even Princess has been surveying passengers about increased suites benefits.

I agree with your statement RocketMan. Having been on a tour of the NCL Breakaway recently, the Haven area on that ship (ship within a ship accessible to suite guests only) and the Vibes (a for-fee adult only private hot tub and bar area), I see that other competing lines are moving toward providing much more luxury and higher-end services and amenities to their guests staying in the most expensive areas or willing to pay for those more private areas. RCCL is just introducing competing services and luxury amenities to the passengers that are happy to pay for that kind of experience. We may have our own opinions about it - and my personal feelings aside, from a marketing standpoint, it is smart business for them.

Good points. I also find it interesting that while the economy is still struggling (Dow still inching back to 18,000); there are a lot of folks who have the funds to enjoy that kind of vacation. Even in Asia, which is the next biggest market for the cruise lines, the growing middle class (especially in China) will be able to book these. I find the whole thing very interesting.

As a long-time loyalist who will probably not enjoy that level of service or amenity (I prefer to cruise more often for the experience than less often for more bennies), I become disappointed when my experience is chipped-away to enhance another class of service. RCI bet the company on Oasis and they won, so they're obviously making good decisions.