HOU hotel with restaurant walking distance

We will be arriving into HOU at 8PM the night before our cruise out of Galveston.

We are thinking we would like to stay no more than 20 minutes cab ride from the airport and will travel the remaining distance in the morning when we have more time and are not so tired.

We will need dinner and would prefer a sit down, family friendly (kids 11 and 12) restaurant. Chains are OK. We would like to walk to the restaurant and not require a cab.

What/where do you recommend?

Can anyone recommend a hotel

Houston is not much of a walking town, but if I had to pick an area between HOU (Hobby airport on the southside, not IAH / Bush which is on the north side) and galveston, about 15-20 minutes from the airport I would likely suggest one of the motels / hotels on Bay Area Blvd just off I-45 between I-45 and Hwy 3 / Galveston Rd (Exit 25 I think, across I-45 from Baybrook Mall). There ae a number of choices along here, Holiday Inn Webster, Best Western Webster, La Quinta, etc. There are also numerous casual dining establishments along this roughly half mile stretch of Bay Area Blvd, from Taco Cabana to Red Lobster, or Outback steakhouse, even a few local places.. If you decide to stay in this area I would suggest scouting out exact dining choice on google maps before booking motel to avoid having to cross 8 lanes of traffic on Bay Area Blvd.

Ike

• 3 months later...

You've probably already taken your cruise, but for anyone else reading this, I must recommend the Drury Inn Houston Hobby. A quick free shuttle ride from HOU, and your room rate includes a cocktail hour with DINNER (pasta, meatballs, hot dogs, salad) and drinks, plus hot breakfast. Nice indoor/outdoor pool and fitness room. We paid $150 including tax for 5 of us in a 2-room suite last month.