Belize, Cozumel, Costa Maya *with toddler*

ziggyS1StefZoe

Costa Maya had a big free pool right at the port. We're looking at a Playa Mia excursion with our toddler in Cozumel. Not sure about the toddler-friendly options at Belize as I haven't been there in several years.

The ports subforums have good info on places to go/things to do.

Edited by wampuscat7

• 2 weeks later...

Look at the "cruise port insider" website for each port, lots of good info there. Belize... Unless you find a ship excursion to take you should stay on ship, many others stay. Cozumel has a lot of good beach clubs to pick from.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't think I will take my child out on every port, but if there is something worth to take her out for then I will.

Any advice or recommendations??

We will be visiting Cozumel, Belize & Roatan with my 4 year old in January. We're definitely getting off the ship at every port!

In Cozumel we're just going to hang out at a beach club, probably Playa Azul, north of the city.

Belize has a very highly rated zoo that we are going to visit: http://www.belizezoo.org

(Roatan we are going to West Bay Beach for some snorkeling, and maybe a glass bottom boat tour.)

I'd also agree that the Belize zoo is outstanding.

To the previous poster: Bodden tours http://boddentours.com is a very good option in Roatan. The owner set up a mini-zoo with monkeys you can play with. There is also an iguana farm the tour can take you to. Bodden tours will let your family customize whatever tours you'd like to take in Roatan, and will provide transportation.

In Costa Maya, our 3 year old enjoyed the Chacchoben Mayan Ruins. We used Native Choice, and liked their Mayan experience tour a lot. This tour lets you make an authentic meal, in addition to exploring the ruins (my son really liked the ruins since you could climb some of them, and it was possible to use a stroller there) https://www.thenativechoice.com/tours/mayan-experience-tour

The only issue - and hopefully they have fixed it - is that their office is a few long blocks away from the port, and there were no cabs at the time we tried to travel there. It was a long walk with a kid, but wouldn't be too bad if you are able bodied and not traveling with a child.

Edited by kitkat343