Breeze Spa cabin... what to expect? What did you like?

MaiTaiMary

We booked a Spa cabin on our Breeze cruise. We needed two FORWARD cabins that were directly next to each other. The Spa cabins were the only ones available.

I've only had spa experience on the Sprit. Honestly, it wasn't that great and I'm wondering how the Breeze compares. I'm really hoping it's better and I will get use out of having a "Spa" cabin.

On the Spirit, I had a facial and massage... both done by the same person. That in itself was odd. Shouldn't an esthetician and a masseuse be doing these treatments separately? I just felt that both were "OK", and definitely not worth what I paid.

Anyway...

I'm wondering what the spa is like on the Breeze in comparison.

How did you spent your time in the Breeze's spa? What did you really like about it?

Thanks! :D

I am sailing with my dd-22, my mom and myself on the Breeze end of January and have a spa balcony. I will need to purchase my dd a spa weekly pass.

Do I do this directly at the spa? Guest Services? Thank you very much!

All the Cloud 9 rooms are co-ed except for the locker rooms reserved for those in spa cabins.

The Cloud 9 Spa is an amazing experience and I highly recommend ensuring that you plan to spend some time in there. Be sure to look for the fancy shower - you need to leave your swimsuit on as it is open but it has jets coming from every direction and is just wonderful.

If you need to purchase an extra pass for the week just look for the spa tables when you board and you can purchase one right there. The week passes are limited so be sure to purchase one right away.

For those without spa passes there are also options available in the spa that are not available in the regular spa. Do try to take the spa tour that is usually offered the first day of the cruise.

All the Cloud 9 rooms are co-ed except for the locker rooms reserved for those in spa cabins.

The Cloud 9 Spa is an amazing experience and I highly recommend ensuring that you plan to spend some time in there. Be sure to look for the fancy shower - you need to leave your swimsuit on as it is open but it has jets coming from every direction and is just wonderful.

If you need to purchase an extra pass for the week just look for the spa tables when you board and you can purchase one right there. The week passes are limited so be sure to purchase one right away.

For those without spa passes there are also options available in the spa that are not available in the regular spa. Do try to take the spa tour that is usually offered the first day of the cruise.

Thank you. We have FTTF and this will be the first thing we do. Thanks.

Where is the fancy shower located? We cruise the Breeze in a spa cabin, in 4 weeks.

You guys are hurting my heart. The thalassotherapy pool (we call it the velociraptor pool) and hot stone loungers are incredible, the thermal suites are decadently luxurious, and the Elemis hair and skin care products are glorious. Plus, you get cushy slippers and comfy robes.

So worth it. So much more than just a hot tub and a steam room.

You guys are hurting my heart. The thalassotherapy pool (we call it the velociraptor pool) and hot stone loungers are incredible, the thermal suites are decadently luxurious, and the Elemis hair and skin care products are glorious. Plus, you get cushy slippers and comfy robes.

So worth it. So much more than just a hot tub and a steam room.

Also, for me on a ship the size of the Breeze with as many passengers as it carries, it is nice to have a place that there are only a certain number of people allowed. There isn't always room in the hot tub, but you can almost always have space in the T-pool.

What makes them "incredible"?

I just don't get it. It's a hot tub you have to pay for and a stone lounge chair (?)

You've already paid for it by booking a spa cabin. You will not pay extra to use them.

So...since it will cost you nothing extra, try it.

If you don't like it, you'll know not to bother booking a spa cabin next time.

You've already paid for it by booking a spa cabin. You will not pay extra to use them.

So...since it will cost you nothing extra, try it.

If you don't like it, you'll know not to bother booking a spa cabin next time.

It's a hot tub that requires an extra fee to be paid before its used. That's what I meant. Whether or not you booked a spa cabin or paying for the pass isn't relevant. I'm trying to figure out why somebody would want to use a "pay hot tub" when there are free ones.

It's a hot tub that requires an extra fee to be paid before its used. That's what I meant. Whether or not you booked a spa cabin or paying for the pass isn't relevant. I'm trying to figure out why somebody would want to use a "pay hot tub" when there are free ones.

We were on the breeze a couple weeks back and had a spa cabin. It's wonderful to be close to the thalasso pool and the steam rooms are awesome. As far as pay or free hot tubs when we were using them there were no other passengers or maybe 2 others at most and no kids. And a very short walk away to relax in the steam rooms or big showers.We had 2 female cabin stewards that gave us the best service we have ever had on a cruise

I just don't get it. It's a hot tub you have to pay for and a stone lounge chair (?)

CLOUD 9 SPA: THALASSOTHERAPY POOL

On a Carnival cruise, the vast and beautiful sea is all around you. You can do all the looking you want from the ship, but sorry — no touching allowed. (We’re sure you’ll understand.) That’s what the thalassotherapy pool at the onboard Cloud 9 Spa is for! Get your sea-water fix and soak completely in it, easily absorbing all the relaxing, rejuvenating benefits of the trace elements and vitamins you’ll find in nature. Oh, and here’s one thing you’ll only find in our special pool: water jets that massage and invigorate. Mother Nature’s great, but she can’t do that.

The therapy pool is just that: fully jetted very large pool with mineral waters, large downspouts to massage your muscles, very limited number of people allowed, and NO KIDS. The stone loungers are heated delightful muscle relaxing chairs: think getting a heated stone massage without having to pay extra for it beyond booking a spa cabin - the therapy rooms are in four levels of heat and steam to work your way through - very relaxing and luxurious feeling!

Kona_wahine, I too am wondering about the thalasso pool. Have read it is 91 degrees, which should feel slightly cool, as it's below your body temperature. I have read that the minerals are good for your skin, and that it works great for sports injuries or arthritis. I wish I could find a better explanation of exactly how it works. I read elsewhere that it gradually heats to your body's temperature, and I wonder how that process occurs.

Basically, want to know if it's just an old-wives-tale or if it's truly therapeutic.

• 1 month later...

For those not understanding why the thalassotherapy pool and other spa amenities (tepidarium, laconium, aromatherapy shower, etc) is so great, etc., all I can say is, you just have to see/try it for yourself. It's so serene and wonderful. Having the spa pass was a game changer. There's no comparison to the deck hot tubs.