Sailing Star on Sunday, Nov 8 - any questions?

mousecrazy

Sailing in Feb so am concerned about all the negative slow service issues being posted. Can you ask the officers at the M&G how they plan on fixing that? And when they plan on rolling out the new menu's on the Star? Thank you for doing this and enjoy your cruise!

Sailing on the Star November 8. Does anyone have any specific questions? I'll try to reply during the week (if possible), but most definitely upon return.

Greetings fellow cruiser. I see you are sailing on the 8th. If you are interested, we have a Meet & Greet all set up for this cruise. Here is the link to our roll call. It's never too late.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=48202378&posted=1#post48202378

tumblr_inline_nw0abrqFlX1r2spcn_500.gif

Thanks for doing this for everyone! We sail in Dec and wondering how long it takes the ship to reach the Skyway bridge. I believe it takes close to two and half hours till you get right under it, and we don't want to miss it as we live right across Tampa Bay on the last piece of land you see heading out into the Gulf of Mexico. Don't want to be eating at that time. Curious about the MDR menus and which items each night, to help in deciding specialty. If you get anywhere near the kids club, I'd love to see the listed Splash Academy activities for the 3-5 age range, but I'd completely understand if you don't. Hope you have a great cruise with good service and great attitudes. Oh, and great weather too!

Can you find out if the Thermal Spa has re-opened? I understand there was work being done in there this week.

Thanks in advance and have a great cruise!

:cool:

My mistake - the Thermal Spa renovations are happening on the Breakaway.:eek:

Have a great trip!

Sailing on the Star November 8. Does anyone have any specific questions? I'll try to reply during the week (if possible), but most definitely upon return.

Please disregard everything you have read on CC and go in with an open mind. Come back and report your experience. Cruising on Jan 3rd and I am close to not coming back to cc as the only people that post are the 1% that had bad experiences.... Have a great time and give us an honest brief review!!

;)

I'll do my best, all. Leaving for Tampa tomorrow. But I'll check back again before we board on Sunday. Will be unplugging for most of the week - maybe wifi in port...or not. :o

Hey mousecrazy,

that's a great offer, thanks for that. I'll be sailing short after you on the 22nd of November, so any information is very helpful for me. I would also have an interest of a list (or a couple of names) of good bartenders/servers which has been able to make your day. Also, if you could take some pictures of actual bar menus like 5'o clock Somewhere Bar, The Sugarcane Bar or Bier Garten I would really lilke to see them before I get on board.

Thanks again for you offer, much appreciated.

Cheers Callimero

Edited by Callimero

I'll do my best, all. Leaving for Tampa tomorrow. But I'll check back again before we board on Sunday. Will be unplugging for most of the week - maybe wifi in port...or not. :o

Enjoy your cruise and try not to trash the ship! We'll be getting on her when you are done :D :D :D

Although I know NCL has freestyle/casual dining, I do recall that they designate one night on a 7 day cruise as the "formal" night (if you choose to), which I believe is the same night you can take pictures with the captain. I would love to know what night that is. Also, what night they have the white hot party. Thanks! I hope you have a great time!

Although I know NCL has freestyle/casual dining, I do recall that they designate one night on a 7 day cruise as the "formal" night (if you choose to), which I believe is the same night you can take pictures with the captain. I would love to know what night that is. Also, what night they have the white hot party. Thanks! I hope you have a great time!

Based on the dailies posted in this thread...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2276094

Norwegian's Night Out was Monday and the White Hot Party was Friday.

• 2 weeks later...
Will be on her Jan. 3rd. Please let us know if the service issues have been taken care of. Also, any bartenders or servers that you were happy with. Thanks, and hope you have a great cruise.

I thought the service this past week was great...not perfect...but not bad either. The pool bar would get busy at the obvious times, but the bartenders were working very hard. They added "makeshift" beer/soda tables at peak times which helped. The biergarten was slow at peak times because they only had 2-3 bartenders and spent their time on the waiters. Speaking of waiters, there were quite a few working the main pool area. And some were dining waiters...so they are trying to adjust to the demand.

I didn't note a particular waiter but I spoke with someone who had good success with tipping a waiter $20 on day 1 and sat in the same spot each day.

My family and I had a wonderful trip!

Sailing in Feb so am concerned about all the negative slow service issues being posted. Can you ask the officers at the M&G how they plan on fixing that? And when they plan on rolling out the new menu's on the Star? Thank you for doing this and enjoy your cruise!

Sorry, didn't attend meet and greet. O'Sheehans has the new menu. Not sure about others.