Sea sickness!

Taiters91

As far as reassurances..

I don't know what your itinerary looks like, but if you're hitting the lesser antilles chain and sailing from San Juan you won't really be sailing that much.

If you're going to be heading to Aruba and Curacao then there will certainly be more opportunity for movement on the open sea.

Hiya! We are going to Aruba, Bonaire, Grenada, St Lucia, Barbados and Antigua..

I have looked into a lot of things today and feel much better. :)

In the UK you can buy STUGERON for sea sickness over the counter. Ask at your local chemist or at Boots. I use it and it is very effective for me. I don't believe Bonine is available in UK.

Hiya! Yes I use Stugeron at home... Going to get a load in! :)

Hi There!

I get car sick, train sick, any type of motion sickness you can think of; I only use the patch now for cruising -- I never take the chance anymore.

Why the patch? I use to use Dramamine (on a cruise) - I got "sick" in other ways (UTI) - so that was just as bad. I have no ill effects from the patch and woudn't cruise w/o it.

I do use Dramamine on road trips/train rides, day boat trips, etc... with no effects...

good luck - safe, happy travels...

Thank you! Do you have any sickness with the patch or feel motion sick at all? I think I'll go for the patches and have tablets/wristbands too. Can't hurt to have it all on hand!! As I'm travelling from the UK, I'll have a good trial run on the boat, train and flight over! Xx

Thank you! Do you have any sickness with the patch or feel motion sick at all? I think I'll go for the patches and have tablets/wristbands too. Can't hurt to have it all on hand!! As I'm travelling from the UK, I'll have a good trial run on the boat, train and flight over! Xx

I was going to use the patch til I found out it can have effects if you drink with it on. (I like me some cruise beverages!) I do the bands and Bonine at night (start the day before you embark). Check with your Doc and see what s/he recommends for you.

I also always have ginger candies-whether they help or not, I don't know. Placebo maybe but it works for me

I get seasick (or at least queasy) on nearly every cruise but somehow just keep cruising! It only lasts while the boat is rocking and that isn't every day! When I've used the patch it has made me very sleepy for days! I now use Bonine (take it at night) and it really helps. Also ginger hard candies and pack saltine crackers!!