Ncl gem what gives

CSRAJ81

Its a whole lobster and a large prime rib. Not the little tail and small prime rib you get for free.

I think what's upsetting everyone is there is no clear indication if prime rib (the smaller version) is still being offered for free. Clearly lobster is not. It looks like another NCL grab for money for another item that was once free and is now an upcharge.

It goes back to communication, or lack thereof, by NCL. All they have to say is these new pay items are in addition to what's currently offered. They don't and therein lies the problem. More confusion and more of people not knowing what their cruise fare covers.

Both Carnival and RCI offer prime rib and lobster at least 1 night during the cruise, free. NCL does not offer free lobster any night in any dining venue.

As far as Carnival's free lobster - this is only on cruises longer than 5 nights now. I wouldn't be surprised to see Carnival follow NCL's lead on doing away with free lobster tails in a few years. Also, I haven't seen the upsell lobster on NCL yet, but the ones I saw being enjoyed in the MDR on my last Carnival cruise looked fantastic, and the people who ordered them seemed to really love them!